Medical Device Field Service Representative
Company: Northfield Medical
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The Field Service Representative is responsible for the
strategic management and oversight of instrument maintenance and
repair activity in the assigned region. Additionally, this position
will provide support to maintain and grow the customer base in the
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete weekly contact reports and bimonthly written client
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of contractual
provisions, including but not limited to persons responsible for
making organizational decisions concerning the contracting for
maintenance and repair services for each of Northfield's clients in
- Establish a relationship within each department in hospitals
where our services are and can be utilized, including, but not
limited to, operating room, sterile processing, supply chain
services/materials management, infection prevention, and
- Take a primary role in the onboarding and ongoing management of
new clients (schedule, RAR/CSR introductions, portal training,
- Identify organic growth opportunites at existing accounts and
report them to Regional Sales Director, Territory Manager, and
Onsite Repair Specialist.
- Identify broader opportunites for NORTHFIELD Medical to present
our total perioperative services led by the Regional Sales
- Under the guidance of the Regional Sales Director, the
Department of Marketing and Education and National Directors,
determine who is providing maintenance and repair services to
non-client institutions, and when such services are likely to be
- Manage the long-term objectives of personnel in the group and
establish performance goals for them to meet.
- Ensure compliance to Customer, Quality and Environmental Health
and Safety requirements.
- Frequently interact with other group managers and team leads to
review business objectives and establish goals.
- Enforce service policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with internal/external groups to achieve
business results, integrating the diverse perspectives of
individuals of different backgrounds.
- Proactively understand customer expectations/customer needs and
collaborate with operations teams to develop processes to meet
expectations for service, turntimes, quality, etc.
- In collaboration with Business Intelligence team, review and
analyze available reports/data regarding completed repairs and
those in process to understand trends, inconsistencies, and/or
- Liaise with client and operations teams to meet client
- Prepare and review with various analyses and reports of
different aspects of the business with clients.
- Provide documented follow up to management identifying at which
accounts the number of trays/instruments presented by the client
per visit may be enhanced.
- Deliver continuing education units to our customer aimed at
improving the care and handling of the devices serviced.
- Attend and participate in regional based conferences supporting
the healthcare industry and vendor fairs, as necessary.
- Attend local professional networking groups such as IAHCSMM,
AHRMM, AORN, etc.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and deliver results
with identified recommendations for improvements.
- Facilitate pick up and delivery of urgent repair needs with
- As needed, coordinate service efforts and coverage for
instances where unexpected mobile lab or equipment failure may
cause service disruption.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required:B.S. degree or equivalent work experience
- Five years of account Management and/or Sales/Customer Service
- Strong leadership and managerial skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in service delivery logistics and cost
- Proven track record in matrix management of geographically
- Excellent customer service and customer relationship building
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, and ability
to learn company specific programs
- Ability to travel on short notice
Keywords: Northfield Medical, Columbia , Medical Device Field Service Representative, Sales , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!