Company: Gates Corporation
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Production Operator Location: Columbia, MO United States
Category: Production - Hourly
Job Type: Direct Hire
Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates.
The Production Operator must be capable of performing as a cell team member on any job on the production floor. Each team member may perform a different function, but all functions are considered to be essential for the job. This is consistent with our effort to implement the self-directed team approach.
The following includes both physical and mental qualifications required for success on the job:
- Capable of standing, walking, stooping and bending for prolonged periods of time. Associate should be able to follow proper lifting techniques while handling items up to 50 pounds for up to 12 hours duration.
- Able to accurately read, write, and follow a production ticket and related information to produce a quality product.
- Able to communicate timely, accurately and clearly both verbally and written information with co-workers, management and customers.
- Be able (upon completion of on-the-job training/certification) to perform all jobs with little or no supervision.
- Be able (upon completion of on-the-job training/certification) to interpret control charts, histograms, bar charts and apply appropriate course of action.
- Be able (upon completion of on-the-job training/certification) to calculate percentages and averages, apply this to charts used in production and calculate performance standards.
- Be capable of performing multiple job functions, which may include working with various manufacturing equipment and properly handling solvents.
- Be able to function productively in a self-directed work team oriented environment and exhibit leadership abilities in performing various total quality roles and responsibilities as a team member, team leader, scribe, process guide and timekeeper.
- Constantly demonstrate safe working habits and follow all safety requirements.
- If required, be capable of learning principles and be able to demonstrate safe handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste. Must satisfactorily complete annual hazardous waste training (if job requires).
- Be capable of performing simple tasks in the use of personal computers. These could include keying in or retrieving accurate business related data.
- Satisfactorily perform the job on a regular basis while striving to achieve plant wide goal of 98.5% attendance. Regular, punctual and consistent attendance is required.
- Be capable of safety operating, trouble-shooting and performing minimal maintenance checks of various manufacturing equipment.
- Be able to perform accurately (compute and convert) both standard and metric basic mathematical computations. For example: Add, subtract, multiple, divide, fractions, and decimals.
- Be able to perform the physical demands appropriately as described on the Job & Physical Demands Analysis for the respective job.
- Be capable of understanding and accurately using dial / digital and snap gauge calipers to tolerances of .001 inch and millimeters.
- Ability to work assigned shifts, fluctuating work hours, overtime and weekends as production dictates. Education / Experience:
Applicants must have a High School degree/diploma or a GED.Prefer applicants have a minimum of one years work experience.
Should individual circumstances arise where an employee has difficulties in performing the essential elements of the job, a review will be made by management to determine if a reasonable accommodation is feasible.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
Gates Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of gender, race, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or any other protected class defined by state or local law.
Associated topics: cultivate, fertilize, forklift, inventory, manage, management, mow, plant management, production management, ship
Keywords: Gates Corporation, Columbia , Production Operator, Professions , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!