Company: Nucleus Healthcare
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Nucleus Healthcare is seeking a qualified Neurodiagnostic
Technician -to join a prestigious academic health system in
Columbia, MO. -Take the next step in your career and thrive in an
environment where you are respected, challenged, and offered
endless opportunities to define your career path!Our partner
nurtures a workplace culture you can thrive in.
- Becker Healthcare's 150 Top Places to Work -
- "Just Culture" organizationSmall town charm. Big
opportunities.Columbia, MO, is an up-and-coming university town in
the heart of Missouri known for its
- prestigious public university
- healthcare system
- public schools
- division 1 sports
- affordable cost of living and housingWith a thriving cultural
and culinary scene, many outdoor activities, and easy access to St.
Louis and Kansas City, you can have the best of both worlds: the
charm of a small town with the convenience of modern amenities and
top-notch healthcare.Benefits that matter.
- Paid-for tuition from the local top-rated university
- Up to 75% for you and 50% for spouses and children
- Includes all locations and online
- Generous retirement program- 8% match on 401k!
- Student loan repayment program
- 100% paid leave for parents and caregivers for up to four weeks
- effective January 2024
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including mental
- Defined career paths and clinical ladder for clinical
technologistsPaid Time Off (Exempt)--- -
- 0-5 years: 17 Days--- -
- 5+ Years: 22 Days--- ---- -Personal Days--- -
- 4 Days--- ---- -Sick Days--- -
- 12 Days---Pay Rate--- -
- Up to $26/hour based on experienceBasic Function and
Responsibility -Learn the procedures/techniques necessary to
function as a Neurodiagnostic Technician. Perform specialized
technical work for one or more of the following procedures standard
and specialized EEGs, epilepsy monitoring, sleep studies, nerve
conduction, and evoked potential procedures, as well as additional
physiologic phenomena. Administer technical procedures through
appropriate techniques and instrumentation.Essential Functions--- -
- Explain test procedures to the patient before the study to
reassure and calm the patient, and provide for the patient's
psychological needs while in the laboratory to obtain quality test
- Must be able to differentiate the quality of procedure and
patient cooperation for interpretive analysis.
- Communicate to the physician, the patient's psychological
status and environmental conditions during the procedure, in order
for these to be considered by the physician in interpreting the
- Adapt test methods and instrumentation in order to obtain
optimal patient results.
- Clean, calibrate and process neurophysiology equipment.
- Recognize medically emergent and take appropriate actions.
- Complete necessary documentation and billing.
- Perform scoring and long-term monitoring review as
- Report to Supervisor on equipment and supply needs.
- Perform limited office, secretarial and transport duties.
- Meet all Patient Family Centered Care standards and patient
- May complete unit/department-specific duties and expectations
as outlined in department documents.Supervision Received---
-Supervision is received from the coordinator, Supervisor, and
Manager of Neuro Diagnostic Laboratory. -Required Qualifications---
-High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and
experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities
can be acquired. One (1) year of experience performing appropriate
basic neurodiagnostic testing, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills,
and abilities can be acquired.Preferred Qualifications---
- Graduation from an accredited Neurodiagnostic program.
Additional license/certification requirements as determined by the
hiring department.Physical Demands--- -The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met with or
without reasonable accommodation. The performance of these physical
demands is an essential function of the job. This position is very
active and requires ambulating, reaching, and moving objects
weighing up to and over 20 lbs. - -This role also routinely comes
into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses. This
position is in a healthcare facility open 24 hours a day, 365 days
a year. Rotating shifts, holidays, and work during inclement
weather will be required. -Performance Expectations--- -This job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the
employee for this job; however, completion of these duties is a
measure of successful performance. Employees of this job
classification are subject to performance reviews. The basic
function, responsibilities, and characteristics--- of duties may
change at any time with or without notice.--- -Safety Sensitivity
Status--- -This position is considered safety sensitive.--- -This
document is a general description of typical job duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications of employees holding the
associated job title. Additional duties, specific qualifications,
and work emphasis may vary between individual positions.--- - -
-Nucleus HealthcareWho We Are--- -Purpose-built, patient-minded,
and mission-driven, Nucleus is trusted by major hospitals, health
systems, and life sciences organizations with a vision to redefine
how healthcare does business.------ -What We Do--- -Nucleus
Healthcare ("Nucleus") delivers next-generation human capital
management to empower people who power healthcare. Rooted in talent
management, Nucleus provides services and solutions that have
yielded more than 7,500 hires in healthcare for all levels and
roles.--- -Our Mission------ -Empower the people who power
healthcare.--- -Our Vision------ -Redefining the way healthcare
does business.--- -Our Values--- -We deliver results --- We are
committed --- We are precise --- We are change agents --- We are
ONE team --- We are fueled by passion and purpose.---
Keywords: Nucleus Healthcare, Columbia , Neurodiagnostic Technician, Professions , Moberly, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...