On-site Construction Manager
Company: Bering Straits Native Corporation
Posted on: March 18, 2023
OverviewVisit our website at to apply! Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Disabled SUMMARY Paragon Professional Services,
LLC (Paragon), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bering Straits Native
Corporation (BSNC), is seeking an On-site Construction Manager with
a minimum of ten years of residential remedial / civil / earthwork
management experience to oversee a multi-year residential remedial
program. Work would entail the management of projects with multiple
crews to drive safe and effective project performance. Work might
also include other projects, such as large heavy civil programs,
(levee repair, ecosystem restoration, bank stabilization, etc.).
Under the general supervision of the Project and Operations
Managers, the On-site Construction Manager will support planning,
logistics, work sequencing and production on major field efforts to
optimize project and team performance. Work will include managing a
team that is responsible for support activities such as reporting
and procurement, safety, quality control, etc. Primary duties will
be coordination of on-site activities and the on-site
workforces.ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works directly with Site Superintendent to coordinate crews,
subcontractors and suppliers to optimize production and project
performance on high volume (> $10M) environmental / civil works
- Supervises on-site work to ensure the project meets the project
objectives, schedule and budget.
- Maintains relationship with Client, Customer and Operations
Manager, and responds as needed to inquiries, inspections, and
- Provides clear and concise status / reports to the Operations
Manager (and others as required).
- Provides quality control oversight of site work to confirm that
work is being conducted in accordance with the plans and
specification. Works with project team and project quality control
personnel to take corrective actions to maintain and advance
- Maintains and enforces safety regulations and ensures that all
work is performed in a safe manner.
- Ensures that safety protocols are maintained, including daily
onsite tailgate meetings with BSNC staff and
subcontractor(s).QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE,
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONRequired Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of experience on large environmental /
earth moving projects (with five years in residential remedial
experience), and at least five years in a field leadership
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or related field
or an additional five years in large-program field leadership.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with USACE and USEPA
safety, cost tracking, and reporting protocols.
- Extensive knowledge of State and Federal regulations governing
environmental and heavy civil projects.
- Experience working with Federal clients.
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other
- Must have the ability to prioritize, organize and work well
under stress and in varying weather conditions.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and a demonstrated
effectiveness leading multiple teams / crews through complex and
overlapping project requirements.
- Must have the ability to be flexible and adapt to constant
- Must have the ability to determine the appropriate types and
numbers of tools, personnel and equipment needed to optimize
production and project performance to meet or exceed project
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours in order to meet
- Must have knowledge of acceptable environmental and
construction site practices including occupational safety and
- Must have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing
with internal and external clients and co-workers.
- Must have the ability to follow direction.
- Able and willing to travel and work for extended periods
- 30-hour OSHA Construction Training
- USACE Construction Quality Management
- 8-hour HAZWOPER Supervisor Training
- Current First Aid/CPRNECESSARY PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe
physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential and
marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition
necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for
prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a
comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
- Requires the ability to see, hear, and verbally communicate
with co-workers and clients.
- Requires frequent walking on uneven ground, standing, lifting,
pushing, pulling, and reaching of items weighing as much at 50
- Must be alert to equipment in the field.
- Exposure to dust, gas or fumes, noise, and extremes in
temperature.COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not currently subject to federal or company
requirements regarding COVID-19 vaccination or regular testing; but
this is subject to change at any time. Employees are expected to
comply with all current and future federal and company
requirements.DOT COVERED/SAFETY-SENSITIVE ROLE REQUIREMENTS
- This position is not subject to federal requirements regarding
Department of Transportation "safety-sensitive" functions. WORK
ENVIRONMENTJob is performed in a field office setting with exposure
to office elements such as computer screens, and will require
extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse, and multi-line
telephone system. Work will also require exposure to environmental
and construction activities and hazards, such as airborne dust,
heavy equipment, contaminated soils, inclement weather, and overall
outdoor / field elements. Travel is required.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES Hires and supervises direct reports. Candidate
must direct, manage, supervise, work with and coordinate the
activities of the various trade groups such as laborers, equipment
operators, etc., as well as subcontractors and other vendors onsite
to meet the work requirements as described in the plans and
specifications or the statement of work on the individual delivery
order(s) or contracts.ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS As a condition
of employment, you will be required to pass a pre-employment drug
screening and have acceptable background check results. Shareholder
Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention
preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and
shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the
job. Bering Straits Native Corporation is an equal opportunity
employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment,
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin,
gender, or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental
status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Disabled We participate in the E-Verify
Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Bering Straits Native Corporation, Columbia , On-site Construction Manager, Professions , Farmington, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...