Maintenance Lead Person - Bloomsdale, MO
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job ID: 480030APAC Tennessee, Inc., a CRH company, is an industry
leader in high quality asphalt and concrete pavement construction,
materials, and services. Located near downtown Memphis, APAC
Tennessee services Eastern Arkansas, West Tennessee, and Northwest
Mississippi with mobile concrete operations servicing the
Southeastern United States. At APAC our employees are our most
valuable resource and why we conduct business while placing Safety
First Always.Position Overview This is a skilled position dealing
with the maintenance of all plant equipment in a mining quarry.Key
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disability to perform the essential functions.
- Lead maintenance acivities and other rmaintenance employees for
a 1.5M TPY limestone operation
- Maintain high standards for Safety leading by example and
coaching crew when necessary.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough
- Takes on challenges with a sense of urgency
- Inspect plant for maintenance needs and corrects when
- Able, when needed, to operate heavy equipment and plant safely
- Lead/Assists in maintenance and repair of plant equipment (use
of various hand tools, sledge hammer, cutting torch, welder,
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders to top of plant.
- Willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Willing to work in various climate conditions, both hot and
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisorQualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty
- Sability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disability to perform the essential
- One (1) year related experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required;
and one to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work various shifts (days, nights, swings)Physical
Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- GRIP - with at least 90 lbs. of force
- CLIMBING - in, around, and on equipment
- HEAVY LIFTING - of extremely awkward parts and equipment up
to75 lbs. from floor to waist
- AWKWARD POSITIONS - getting to and from both sitting and
kneeling on the ground
- FLEXIBILITY - awkward reaches
- BALANCE - including standing and walking on extremely slick and
uneven surfaces while carrying.
- VISION - 20/40 corrected vision to see moving safety hazards,
moving equipment, vehicles, and obstructions
- HEARING - corrected to hear verbal safety warnings and
instructions from coworkersWork Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather
conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet
and/or humid conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- To perform the job successfully; an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits
to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes
tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate
- Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts
success of team above own interests.Other Qualifications:
- Must be able to pass physical fitness and agility testThe
statements included in this job description are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be
assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! APAC Tennessee, Inc., a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability If you want to know more, please click
on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Columbia , Maintenance Lead Person - Bloomsdale, MO, Professions , Bloomsdale, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...