Quality Assurance Technician
Company: Children's Factory
Posted on: January 16, 2022
ABOUT CHILDREN'S FACTORY:Children's Factory is a leading
equipment manufacturer for the early childhood education market.
Founded in 1981, Children's Factory provides high-quality, safe
furniture and equipment for young children in childcare centers and
schools. Working closely with our dealer network and educators,
Children's Factory's creative team designs quality products with
functionality, innovation and safety with an aim toward supporting
the educational process. Our highly qualified team is constantly
working to deliver the best quality and service every day.
Children's Factory is also home to well-known brands, including
Angeles and Learning Carpets.ABOUT THE POSITION:Reporting to the
ExcelligenceVice President of Quality Assurance, the QA Technician
will be a key member of the QA team and will support the QA
function at Children's Factory. This role will support
implementation of quality strategy at Children's Factory with key
stakeholders from a variety of functions including manufacturing
operations, product design & development, sourcing, customer
fulfillment and legal. The Quality Assurance Technician will help
ensure compliance with product safety and quality regulations in
accordance with applicable state, federal and international laws,
and carry out compliance activities with applicable government
agencies that oversee product safety regulations, including CPCS
regulations relevant to the business. The Quality Assurance
Technician will engage with the manufacturing and purchasing
operations to work with internal team and suppliers to improve
outgoing product quality to our customers.The person in this role
will be involved with the QA function across three locations in the
Midwest: Union, Missouri and Angola, Indiana with primary activity
in the Union, MO location.Principal Activities:
- Support of daily manufacturing goals by managing an in-process
and final inspection process.
- Support implementation of strategic plans and implements QA
objectives set by QA Coordinator.
- Supports and sustains a robust QA inspection process.
- Assists in management of Company's general compliance with CPSC
regulations, ASTM & other federal, state, & agency regulations
regarding product safety and labeling requirements.
- Audit Excelligence branded and non-Excelligence branded product
for appropriate tracking labels; work with vendors to resolve
- Audit outbound customer shipments for quality; analyze customer
complaints & reviews relevant to physical order shipments; partner
with Operations and Customer Service to analyze and resolve quality
concerns and customer complaints related to outbound customer
- Assist Product Development team in evaluating new product
samples from vendors; assist to resolve/address specific quality
concerns. Develop concise product specifications in conjunction
with Product Development for new products. Coordinate on site
vendor inspections by Children's Factory and third-party inspection
- Implement relevant procedures pertaining to the Quality
Management Systems (QMS) by managing associated processes and
- Review quality data (internal and external) and drive feedback
to QA team by establishing an effective improvement plan for
defects prevention and achieving QDR (quality data review)
- Participate and support quality related meetings (internal and
external) as required
- Participate and support implementation of quality improvement
- Coordinate and support customer related inspection activities
on/off-site as required
- Participate and support internal audits and external periodic
- Maintain and update QA certifications/records.
- Escalate any quality concerns or issues in a timely manner
- Keeps track of QA trends and regulations to ensure
effectiveness and compliance
- Lead problem solving teams on and off the manufacturing
- Develop and execute Manufacturing Floor audits
- Manage internal and external testing activities
- Other duties may be assignedKey Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of trade or technical school, vocational
education, work experience or apprenticeship or one-year related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Must have knowledge of statistical analysis tools.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and
written) with the ability to effectively connect with all levels of
the organization and customer/supplier contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a group and/or
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams,
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Some area travel required. Must have personal transportation
for commuting between local facilities.
ABOUT THE PARENT COMPANY:Based in Monterey, California,
Excelligence Learning Corporation is a leading developer,
manufacturer, distributor, and multi-channel retailer of over
20,000 innovative, high-quality and grade-appropriate educational
products and teaching solutions, which are sold primarily to early
childhood learning centers, elementary schools, PTAs, and
consumers. Excelligence has three core divisions: Supplies
(Discount School Supply and Really Good Stuff), Equipment
(Children's Factory, Angeles and Learning Carpets), and Services
(Educational Products, Inc., ChildCare Education Institute, Frog
Street Press and LifeCubby). With over 30 years of experience
serving children, educators and parents, Excelligence's diversified
portfolio of leading brands delivers quality, innovation, service
and value on a global scale. Leading proprietary brands include:
Colorations -, BioColor -, Excellerations -, MyPerfectClassroom -
and Environments -.
Keywords: Children's Factory, Columbia , Quality Assurance Technician, Professions , Union, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!