Epic Analyst (Patient Access)
Company: Phelps Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
General Summary The Epic Analyst is a full-time position on the
Epic Applications Team. The position has responsibility for the
implementation and support of the Epic Electronic Health Record
(EHR) system and designated third party application systems. The
Epic Analyst performs work in a team environment and requires
excellent problem solving and communication skills with a high
level of professionalism. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze workflows and understand business requirements to
recommend suggested system configuration with one or more
- Analyze and present new functionality to operations.
- Execute the system configurations based on the operational
decisions while following change control processes to enable the
EHR and designated third party application systems to function as
- Work collaboratively with the Epic Security Analyst to ensure
staff have the appropriate access and security to perform their job
- Collaborate closely with Information Technologies for
installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of compatible
devices to support the EHR and designated third party application
- Research and resolve problems and questions from staff and
identified reportable issues.
- Provide daily and on-call support and maintenance of the EHR
and designated third party application systems.
- Facilitate collaboration with key stakeholders to assist in the
improving and maintaining efficient workflows.
- Create and perform testing for all system configurations
- Meet target deadlines.
- Use available resources to enhance knowledge and
- Fulfill additional integrated roles as requested. Job
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Public Health,
Mathematics, Healthcare Informatics or Computer Science
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to
communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to reach a goal including the ability to
develop an action plan and adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information from multiple
sources, analyze applicability and appropriateness, and develop an
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, and change
management skills to establish and maintain positive and productive
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets, use data to
draw conclusions, assess performance metrics and/or write reports
including the use of data visualization and manipulation tools such
as Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc. preferred.
- Work experience within information technology or an applicable
area of healthcare preferred.
- Experience with EMR support, training, build, or configuration
- Certifications in one or more Epic applications preferred. Upon
hire, must obtain Epic certifications within 3 months.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to
generate technical reports and documents. May occasionally be
expected to work unusual hours while resolving technical issues.
Standing, walking, and sitting are required. Moderate lifting
(10lbs) required. Working Conditions
- Standard office conditions; well lighted, climate controlled
area. Constant noise from fans and printers for extended periods.
Will spend a great deal of time using computers with possible
visual or muscular discomfort. Potential exposure to infectious
diseases. Regularly sc heduled after-hours support for upgrades,
special updates and downtime. Participate in regularly scheduled on
Keywords: Phelps Health, Columbia , Epic Analyst (Patient Access), Professions , Rolla, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!