Maintenance Tech - Full Time
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Level: HourlyJob Type: Hourly Full TimeWant to build a
stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join
Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to
safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This
position is in Cargill's protein and salt business, where we
provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of
customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to
manufacturers and exporters.Shift: 2nd - 3rdCompensation: $19.10 -
- $2,000 sign on bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee DiscountsPosition PurposeThe Maintenance Tech plays a
vital role in the ongoing Maintenance and Reliability effort, by
not only executing the work as planned, but by providing feedback
and comments for improvement. The Maintenance Technician is
responsible for the faithful execution of work. Work will be
assigned using work orders, thus ensuring appropriate
accountability for parts, work materials, and the capture of their
time against the equipment being served. They will provide feedback
on what repairs were made to the equipment on the work order and
will offer suggestions on how to improve the plans associated to
the work effort. The Maintenance Tech is responsible for completing
maintenance activities as directed on a day-to-day basis. This
includes preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance
- Maintain Process and Industry Standards and
- Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such
as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing
- Perform preventative maintenance up to and including Annual
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics
- Complete minor troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical
related issues without direct supervision.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulation as well as other
departmental policies and procedures. Help to develop proper safety
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in
operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring
and testing instruments.
- Must understand and be certified in Lock Out Tag Out
- Identify follow-up work required.
- Acquire planned materials, tools/documentation for planned
work, and work order information for reactive work.
- Investigate job site if required - determine scope of work
- Prepare work site and perform maintenance tasks.
- Respond to interruption work from immediate supervisor.
- Move to next job after completion or as directed by Maintenance
- Complete closeout activities including tool accountability,
parts reconciliation, sanitation tagging, notification to
production, return unused materials and tools, Functional
Operations test complete, and arrange for PM validation.
- Complete, sign and return hardcopy Work Order to Maintenance
Supervisor complete with Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As
Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies,
Delays, and any Job Plan Feedback.
- Effectively inform daily pass-down issues and actions through
written communication.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on
possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third-party
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as
extreme heat or cold.
- Must be able to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to operate machinery.
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades including welding,
pipe fitting, and fabrication; gearbox and bearing, lubrication,
and mechanical maintenance.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 to 3 years hands on experience in industrial production,
specifically food manufacturing.
- Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical, pumps
and piping systems and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Previous experience and full understanding of GMPs, SSOPs, and
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Recent related work history.Considered candidates will receive
a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position
does not include relocation reimbursement.Equal Opportunity
Employer, including Disability/Vet
Keywords: Cargill, Columbia , Maintenance Tech - Full Time, Professions , Wooldridge, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!