Dialysis Patient Care Technician-PCT
Company: Dialysis Clinic, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview The Patient Care Technician (PCT)--is part of the team
providing direct care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease.--
The PCT supports clinical staff, start to finish, throughout the
dialysis treatment process, and--delivers prescribed dialysis
treatment according to physician orders and nursing assessment.This
position is full-time, 4 days/week. Responsibilities
- Obtains and records patient vital signs and machine readings
according to facility policies.
- Sets up and breaks down the dialysis blood system for the
- Inserts and removes access--needles in patients for--dialysis
- Monitors and assesses patients during the course of treatment,
documents changes in the patient condition, and informs charge
nurse of problems during treatment.
- Calculates patient---s weight loss to reach dry weight.
- Maintains and tracks--inventory.
- Performs laboratory work.
- Determines patient care priorities and organizes work load
efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains professional working relationship, observing patient
privacy and rights. -- Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.----
- Dialysis experience preferred.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred.
- CNA, EMT, Medical Assistant, CNT, candidates with Phlebotomy
skills are desired.Certification:The PCT--must be certified as a
hemodialysis technician by a nationally accepted certification exam
within 18 months of date of hire. --DCI is a federal contractor and
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.-- If you are
having difficulty using the online application system or would like
to request other accommodations or application methods, please
contact Doug Patterson at--Accommodations@dciinc.org--or
615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a
discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation
can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations
where possible.For more information about equal opportunity please
Keywords: Dialysis Clinic, Inc., Columbia , Dialysis Patient Care Technician-PCT, Professions , Sedalia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!