Company: Nucleus Healthcare
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Nucleus Healthcare is seeking a qualified Neurodiagnostic
Technologist to join a prestigious academic health system in
Columbia, MO . -Take the next step in your career and thrive in an
environment where you are respected, challenged, and offered
endless opportunities to define your career path! Our partner
nurtures a workplace culture you can thrive in.
- Becker Healthcare's 150 Top Places to Work -
- "Just Culture" organization Small town charm. Big
opportunities. Columbia, MO, is an up-and-coming university town in
the heart of Missouri known for its
- prestigious public university
- healthcare system
- public schools
- division 1 sports
- affordable cost of living and housing With a thriving cultural
and culinary scene, many outdoor activities, and easy access to St.
Louis and Kansas City, you can have the best of both worlds: the
charm of a small town with the convenience of modern amenities and
top-notch healthcare. Benefits that matter.
- $5k relocation bonus outside a 50-mile radius of Columbia,
- Paid-for tuition from the local top-rated university
- Up to 75% for you and 50% for spouses and children
- Includes all locations and online
- Generous retirement program- 8% match on 401k!
- Student loan repayment program
- 100% paid leave for parents and caregivers for up to four weeks
- effective January 2024
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including mental
- Defined career paths and clinical ladder for clinical
technologists Paid Time Off (Exempt)
- 0-5 years: 17 Days--- -
- 5+ Years: 22 Days--- ---- - Personal Days--- -
- 4 Days--- ---- - Sick Days
- 12 Days--- Pay Rate--- -
- Up to $34.74/hour based on experience--- Shift -
- Day or Night -
- 3, 12-hr Shifts - Basic Function and Responsibility - Performs
specialized technical work for one or more of the following
procedures: standard and specialized EEGs, epilepsy monitoring,
sleep studies, nerve conduction, and evoked potential procedures,
as well as additional physiologic phenomena. Administer technical
procedures through appropriate techniques and instrumentation. -
Essential Functions--- - Explain test procedures to the patient
prior to the study to reassure and calm the patient, and provide
for the patient's psychological needs, while in the laboratory, to
obtain quality test results. Must be able to differentiate the
quality of procedure and patient cooperation for interpretive
analysis. Communicate to the physician, the patient's psychological
status and environmental conditions during the procedure, for these
to be considered by the physician in interpreting the test results.
- Adapt test methods and instrumentation to obtain optimal
- Clean, calibrate and process neurophysiology equipment.
- Recognize medically emergent and take appropriate actions.
- Complete necessary documentation and billing.
- Perform scoring and long-term monitoring review as
- Report to Supervisor on equipment and supply needs.
- Perform limited office, secretarial and transport duties.
- Meet all Patient Family Centered Care standards and patient
Satisfaction Goals - Supervision Received--- - Supervision is
received from the coordinator, Supervisor, and Manager of Neuro
Diagnostic Laboratory. - Required Qualifications--- - Requires
registration for one or more of the following modalities or
obtainment of one of the listed modalities within two years of hire
as a condition of continued employment:
- American Board of Registered Electroneurodiagnostic
Technologists (R.EEGT. R.EPT. CNIM) -
- Board of Registered Polysomnography Technologists (RPSGT)
- American Association of Electro-diagnostic Technicians (R.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory
Therapist by the National Board of Respiratory Care. Required
registration will be determined by department leadership. Preferred
- Two or more years of current neurophysiology experience is
preferred. - Physical Demands--- - The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met with or without
reasonable accommodation. The performance of these physical demands
is an essential function of the job. This position is very active
and requires ambulating, reaching, and moving objects weighing up
to and over 20 lbs. This role also routinely comes into contact
with patients who may have contagious illnesses. This position is
in a healthcare facility open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Rotating shifts, holidays, and work during inclement weather will
be required. - Performance Expectations--- - This job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee
for this job; however, completion of these duties is a measure of
successful performance. Employees of this job classification are
subject to performance reviews. The basic function,
responsibilities, and characteristics--- of duties may change at
any time with or without notice.--- - Safety Sensitivity Status---
- This position is considered safety sensitive.--- - This document
is a general description of typical job duties, responsibilities,
and qualifications of employees holding the associated job title.
Additional duties, specific qualifications, and work emphasis may
vary between individual positions.--- - - - Nucleus Healthcare Who
We Are--- - Purpose-built, patient-minded, and mission-driven,
Nucleus is trusted by major hospitals, health systems, and life
sciences organizations with a vision to redefine how healthcare
does business.------ - What We Do--- - Nucleus Healthcare
("Nucleus") delivers next-generation human capital management to
empower people who power healthcare. Rooted in talent management,
Nucleus provides services and solutions that have yielded more than
7,500 hires in healthcare for all levels and roles.--- - Our
Mission------ - Empower the people who power healthcare.--- - Our
Vision------ - Redefining the way healthcare does business.--- -
Our Values--- - We deliver results --- We are committed --- We are
precise --- We are change agents --- We are ONE team --- We are
fueled by passion and purpose.--- ----#appcastmu
Keywords: Nucleus Healthcare, Columbia , Neurodiagnostic Technologist, Other , Blackwater, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...