Company: Nucleus Healthcare
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Nucleus Healthcare is seeking a qualified Histologic
Technologist -to join a prestigious academic health system in
Columbia, MO. -Take the next step in your career and thrive in an
environment where you are respected, challenged, and offered
endless opportunities to define your career path!Our partner
nurtures a workplace culture you can thrive in.
- Becker Healthcare's 150 Top Places to Work -
- "Just Culture" organizationSmall town charm. Big
opportunities.Columbia, MO, is an up-and-coming university town in
the heart of Missouri known for its
- prestigious public university
- healthcare system
- public schools
- division 1 sports
- affordable cost of living and housingWith a thriving cultural
and culinary scene, many outdoor activities, and easy access to St.
Louis and Kansas City, you can have the best of both worlds: the
charm of a small town with the convenience of modern amenities and
top-notch healthcare.Benefits that matter.
- Tuition assistance -from the local top-rated university
- Up to 75% for you and 50% for spouses and children
- Includes all locations and online
- Exceptional retirement program- 8% match on 401k!
- 100% paid leave for parents and caregivers for up to four weeks
- effective January 2024
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including mental
- Generous PTOPay Rate -
- Up to $39.99/ hour based on experienceJob DescriptionPrepare
tissue, bone, and blood samples by fixing, freezing, embedding,
cutting, staining, mounting, and examining the specimens according
to routine and specialized histologic techniques. Develop and
troubleshoot procedures in order to maintain the quality of
- Perform and refine immunohistochemical techniques for the
diagnosis of pathologic conditions in tissues, cytology, and
- Perform and refine advanced procedures for the evaluation of
enzymes in tissues, specifically muscles. Perform initial handling,
division, and preparation of nerves, muscles, tissues, and kidneys
in order that subsequent procedures may be performed.
- Modify techniques and/or procedures, within acceptable limits,
to meet special conditions or expedite diagnosis.
- Cut frozen sections in order that tissue may be further
evaluated through special stains.
- Develop and implement new procedures as they are published in
the literature or modify current procedures in order to stay
abreast of current laboratory trends.
- Sharpen knives to the proper angle and sharpness necessary to
cut high-quality tissue sections. Troubleshoot any procedure or
staining technique in order to maintain high quality. Maintain
reagents on hand at all times.
- Maintain laboratory equipment so that proper quality control is
maintained and data is always current.
- May complete unit/department-specific duties and expectations
as outlined in department documents.Required Qualifications
- Bachelors Biology Required Bachelor's degree in biological
science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities can be
acquired. Histology program or one (1) year experience in a
histology laboratory. Histotechnologist (ASCP-HT or ASCP-HTL)
certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
(ASCP) within one (1) year as a condition of continued employment
in this job classification.Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met with or
without reasonable accommodation. The performance of these physical
demands is an essential function of the job. The employee may be
required to ambulate, remain stationary, and position themself to
reach and/or move objects above the shoulders and below the knees.
The employee may be required to move objects up to 10 lbsNucleus
HealthcareWho We Are -Purpose-built, patient-minded, and
mission-driven, Nucleus is trusted by major hospitals, health
systems, and life sciences organizations with a vision to redefine
how healthcare does business. - -What We Do -Nucleus Healthcare
("Nucleus") delivers next-generation human capital management to
empower people who power healthcare. Rooted in talent management,
Nucleus provides services and solutions that have yielded more than
7,500 hires in healthcare for all levels and roles. -Our Mission -
-Empower the people who power healthcare. -Our Vision - -Redefining
the way healthcare does business. -Our Values -We deliver results
--- We are committed --- We are precise --- We are change agents
--- We are ONE team --- We are fueled by passion and purpose
Keywords: Nucleus Healthcare, Columbia , Histologic Technologist, Other , California, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...