Senior Systems Administrator
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Edward Jones is looking for a Senior Systems
Administrator in the Compliance/Surveillance, product space. This
role will be responsible for supporting large scale applications
that provide electronic communications surveillance and email and
file archive, as well as automating the needs in the Compliance
product space. The team provides technology leadership,
development, support, enhancements, and projects for the
Compliance, Legal and Internal Audit divisions.
What you'll do...
- Ensure the availability of large complex systems used by the
home office areas of Compliance, Legal and Internal Audit to help
meet their business objectives
- Responsible for hands-on configuration, administration, and
technical support for cloud-based and on premise solutions
- Develop 3rd party integration patterns
- Maintain and update skillset aligned with industry trends in
technologies and methods of delivering a future-focused
- Provide support for complex software installation and
maintenance, including major upgrades, with no disruptions to
- Provide technical leadership, advice, and mentoring to: peers,
application developers, infrastructure and business users.
- Research emerging technologies and trends to understand how
they might be used to improve or streamline existing processes
- Support patching efforts - MS Security and Oracle
- Provide updates to server monitoring tasks
- Create new or update existing communication policies
- Monitor email crawl and batch ingestion processes, examine
archive activity, monitor disk space and add generic email
- Ensure security compliance through quarterly password changes
for Active Directory, SQL Server and Oracle IDs
- Understanding of and commitment to protecting the integrity,
security and privacy of the firm's critical business data.
- Provide after-hours and weekend support and participate in
on-call rotation (24X7).
Projects you'll have immediate impact on ---
- Compliance efforts: Communications Surveillance enhancements
and migration to new platform
- Modernizing our Legacy Platform: Migration to Cloud
platformWhat you'll need...
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Systems field or related
- 5+ years in system administration, preferably in a large-scale
production environment for Cloud and on premise solutions
- Familiarity with Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of server hardware, operating systems, storage, load
balancers and network technologies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the following operating
systems: MS Windows and/or Linux
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with using database scripting
language - SQL
- Minimum of 5 years of experience programming/scripting with one
or more of the following: Perl, PowerShell, Bash or Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to explain complex technical issues in business
- Ability to mentor team members
- Ability to troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging issues
for large scale applications
- Ability to work independently and with a cross-functional
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to make or review decisions on problems with high
visibility and high risk to the firm
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $78795 - $134163
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Columbia , Senior Systems Administrator, Other , Cuba, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!