Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Company Overview Dollar General Corporation has been delivering
value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps
shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. by offering products
that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks,
health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel,
housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient
neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000
stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about
Dollar General at . Job Details GENERAL SUMMARY: The Sales
Associate acts as a point of contact for our customers. The duties
of the Sales Associate include assisting customers in locating and
purchasing merchandise, operating the cash register, stocking
merchandise, recovering merchandise, cleaning the store, and
performing other duties as assigned by the Store Manager to
maximize store profitability and customer satisfaction while
protecting company assets. DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: *
Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist customers.
* Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer's
purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag
merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as
* Follow company merchandise processes; unpack, stock, restock, and
rotate merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
* Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors, clean
restroom and receiving room, and help set up sidewalk displays.
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS: * Effective interpersonal and
oral communication skills.
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation
* Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
* Basic mathematical skills.
* Ability to perform cash register functions.
* Ability to stock merchandise. WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. WORKING CONDITIONS: *
Frequent walking and standing
* Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
* Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
* Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds
* Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six
* Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
* Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions Dollar General
Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Columbia , Sales Associate, Other , Kirksville, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!