Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: Waste Connections (Corporate account)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Timber Ridge Landfill is looking for a safety-oriented and
experienced *Heavy Equipment Operator* to join our growing team in
*WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN US: *
* CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment
where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is
* INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then
doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Ability to efficiently operate bulldozers and motor grader.
Compactor experience _preferred_, but not required.
* Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as
checking oil, water, and tires.
* Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and
* Littler pick-up.
* Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with a
rotating Saturday schedule, 45 -50 hour work week.
*WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: *
* Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
* Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical
risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
* Ability to operate heavy equipment is required.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills.
* Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and
* Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including
tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
* Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety
*MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS: *
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 1 year of *dozer experience *and responsibilities specified.
* Basic knowledge of computer skills.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete
an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com. Application
information and additional instructions can be found once you
select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Waste Connections (Corporate account), Columbia , Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Richwoods, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!