Overnight Teaching Parent Staff
Company: Hope Ranch of Missouri
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Overnight Family Teacher is responsible for the care and
monitoring of up to six youth in a Teaching Family home during the
scheduled night shift according to the Teaching Family Model (TFM)
Standards and Code of Ethics and Missouri Residential Licensing
Regulations. The staff will work with youth utilizing the Teaching
Family Model offered by the Hope Ranch of Missouri in accordance
with the policies and practices of the organization, the ethical
and social consciences of business and society and all applicable
laws, regulations and administrative rulings associated with a
non-profit organization.ESSENTIAL TASKS:Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Monitor the status of the youth during the night on a regular
basis and accurately document observations every half hour.
- Assist Family Teachers as needed with routine schedules and in
responding to emergencies (transportation, hospitalizations, etc.).
- Administer medications according to agency policy. Document and
maintain accurate medication logs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Residential
- Complete household tasks as requested such as laundry, menus,
cooking, cleaning, etc.
- On a nightly basis - enter in the Motivation Matrix Review,
organize and maintain the office (keeping items in assigned areas),
check medication log, clean general house areas as a follow up to
the youth chores, check e-mail for medication changes and update
youth quick retrieval (dating & initialing the top corner), update
youth contacts, walk through house and check for maintenance
issues, and send maintenance issues in through e-mail.
- On a daily basis - assist with cleaning and sanitation
practices of homes as assigned, attend mandatory trainings,
organize and submit youth paperwork if requested.
- On a weekly basis - type team meeting minutes and e-mail to
staff, attend team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 21.
- Be able to pass extensive background checks
- Be able to pass a physical and drug screen
- Successfully complete TFM training
- Must be dependable regarding work schedule and punctuality.
- Able to remain awake and alert throughout the night.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to
maintain objectivity, fairness, and consistency.
- Assertive, flexible, team-oriented, and able to maintain a high
degree of confidentiality.
- Willing to travel and stay overnight.
- Have working and operational knowledge of Microsoft office
necessary to achieve documentation and communication requirements.
- Empathy for the goals and practices of a childcare agency.
- Must hold a valid driver s license and able to be insurable by
Hope Ranch of Missouri s insurance carrier.
- Ability to become CPI certified and efficient in the use of
Teaching Family Model.
- Have sensitivity to the cultural and socioeconomic
characteristics of Hope Ranch of Missouri s youth.EXPECTED HOURS OF
WORK: Working overnights from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. and
occasionally 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.Job Type: Full-timePay: $15.00
per hourHope Ranch of Missouri in Stanton, Missouri is a
residential treatment center for youth (ages 6-19) with emotional
and behavioral problems due to abuse and neglect. We are a
501(c)(3) not-for-profit, non-denominational, Christian
organization. The Hope Ranch of Missouri is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Learn more at: hoperanchmo.org.
Keywords: Hope Ranch of Missouri, Columbia , Overnight Teaching Parent Staff, Other , Sullivan, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!