Company: SSM Health
Location: Lake Saint Louis
Posted on: August 5, 2022
SIGNING BONUS ELIGIBLE Must have 1 of the following: Current
students (graduating within 15 days from an accredited Tech school
or Radiology)Graduate of an accredited Radiology Technology
schoolStudents with an AA in Radiology or within 15 days of
graduatingMust get certification (ARRT) within 6 months from
hireOperates a scanner to obtain images used to diagnose and treat
of pathologies.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and
technical parameters accurately to produce cross-sectional images
of the body.
- Performs patient pre-screening, scheduling, and education
related to the examination.
- Enters and monitors patient data and transfers images.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications
within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Associate's degreeEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting. Associated topics: cardiac, cath,
cath lab, cath laboratory, catheterization, computerized, ct scan,
mri, ndt, radiographer
Keywords: SSM Health, Columbia , MRI Technologist, Other , Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!