Graduate Radiologic Technologist - St. Joseph Hospital, Wentzville
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are looking for recent radiologic technologist graduates or
those graduating within 6 months to join our team! Our team offers
a positive work environment and we are dedicated to career
development!Takes x-rays of designated parts of the human body for
diagnostic purposes and provides support for the imaging
department. This position only performs plain films and
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding.
Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies
patient identity according to policies and procedures. Assists
technologists with preparing patient for radiology exam by
positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Assists technologists with filing, delivering and retrieving
patient reports and charts, matching films to folders, and delivery
of reports to patient units/physicians.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents
patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal
activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- May perform limited CT procedures in emergent situations when
CT Technologist is not on site.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or completion of a radiology certification
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Columbia , Graduate Radiologic Technologist - St. Joseph Hospital, Wentzville, Other , Wentzville, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!