Project Ldr, FIN
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: June 24, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Firm Analytics partners with business areas to provide
analytical and financial insights for firm decision making and
Firm Analytics is seeking a project leader to lead and manage
multiple projects across the area as the key business contact on
projects to align business efforts and initiatives. This role is
cross-functional, working with leaders across Firm Analytics, IS
and business areas to ensure resource support and project
deliverables are met.
Responsibility Summary :
- Leading medium to large projects simultaneously, with a medium
to high degree of risk, visibility and urgency within a functional
area or at times spanning multiple areas, divisions or outside
- Leading project coordinators and/or project team members in
completion of medium to large scope projects.
- Providing leadership, development and mentoring to team through
modeling of best practices and providing timely feedback.
- Responsible for allocating, onboarding, assigning and oversight
of project resources.
- Ability to rapidly learn about a new area in order to lead a
- Driving and recommending improvements in project management and
industry "best in class" practices within the firm.
- Driving business efforts. This role is the key business contact
on the project.
- Identifying major and detailed project tasks, critical path,
contentions and resources to manage the tasks across multiple
- Ensuring project schedule, scope and quality objectives are met
by monitoring, using metrics and controls to measure progress,
taking corrective action and escalating issues when necessary.
Assess trade-offs to scope using cost / benefit analysis and make
recommendations to senior leaders.
- Working with other leaders and senior leadership to obtain the
necessary resources to achieve project objectives. Driving the
resolution of resource issues/risks.
- Planning, identifying, analyzing and resolving project issues
Determining and executing prevention and mitigation strategies, as
- Scheduling and facilitating meetings, communicate progress and
develop solutions to meet project goals. This may be related to a
large project with multiple sub-projects.
- Providing timely communication of relevant data to senior
leadership for decision making.
Establishing and maintain effective communications and
relationships across multiple areas, divisions, outside vendors and
project leaders/teams who are working on sub-projects within a
- Leading vendor selection in a project with a large number of
vendors. Managing vendor relationship throughout the life of the
project.Span of Influence:
- Position may have influence over projects/programs that could
impact the entire division/firm/clients.
- May work on multiple large, complex efforts at one time.
- Processes or systems developed may be used for several years,
so impacts of performance and decisions could be significant and
possibly long-term. Projects may pose significant risk or provide
significant benefit to the firm.
- Leadership responsibilities include project-related work
direction and coaching of associates. Verbal/written performance
feedback is provided to the project associates' leaders. May have
responsibility for other associates..
- Affects and interacts with all levels of the firm. They are in
frequent contact with partners, leaders and associates in other
departments and divisions. This role may have a significant amount
of interaction with senior leadership.
- Participates in the planning process at the division level.
Looks at project impacts across multiple departments/divisions.
Assists with strategic/annual planning.Qualifications Required in
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- Project management certification (PMP and/or Edward Jones)
- Experience with Clarity, JIRA, AHA desired.
- Experience with Agile/SAFE and Product Teams preferred.
- Experience in Change Management, ADKAR or Prosci
- 3+ years of experience leading projects
- 3+ years of industry or position-related experience. Previous
leadership experience preferred.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; effectively
communicates with project team, other project leaders, multiple
areas, divisions and outside vendors. Incorporates effective
listening and collaboration skills.
- Superior presentation skills preferred.
- Superior organization and coordination skills.
- Ability to independently identify, prioritize, monitor,
communicate, and/or resolve elements that can impact a
- Experience leading project cost / benefit reviews.
- Effectively analyze and resolve complex problems while working
with divisions across the firm. Ability to identify, prioritize,
monitor, communicate and/or resolve issues that impact medium to
large projects that require facilitation among multiple areas.
- Ability to look at business objectives and provide solutions to
problems that are right for the firm. Thinks creatively to find
potential solutions and examines the possibilities and outcomes
before submitting a recommendation.
- Must know when to escalate to leadership and/or vendors when
problems are beyond the scope of their responsibility, ability or
- Most problems are complex and non-routine. Must be able to
identify and propose solutions in gray areas where little or no
guidance is available, on a daily basis.
- They will need to have the ability to identify, prioritize,
monitor, communicate and resolve issues that can impact a large,
- Regulations, internal policies, procedures, and guidelines
exist which must be followed but still require significant and
frequent interpretation to apply to and solve problems.
- Make and communicate complex decisions and/or recommendations
with consideration for risks and long-term impacts. Some decisions
may be in gray areas where little or no guidance is available.
Engage appropriate leadership when necessary. Responsible for the
day-to-day decisions for their projects, as well as oversight of
other project leaders' decisions.
- Many decisions will be made independent of review. However,
certain decisions may be subject to review by senior
- This role requires regularly employing industry, firm and
regulatory knowledge in decision making and communicating those
decisions to stakeholders across the firm.
- Explores multiple alternatives and arrives at appropriate
decisions, which align with department / division goals and/or firm
- Degree of risk is moderate to high, as decisions made during a
project's lifecycle can impact the firm's business, technology,
performance and ability to meet the client's needs. Other risks
include financial, tax, legal and regulatory. This role has a high
degree of autonomy in terms of making decisions.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.2021 Corporate Equality Index
- Edward Jones joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that
received top marks in the Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on
LGBTQ workplace equality.
From The Human Rights Campaign. All
Rights Reserved2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No.
19, up six spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on
this prestigious list.J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked
"highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial
Investment Firms" in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor
Edward Jones received the highest
score among employee advisors in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010,
2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Studies of
employee advisors' satisfaction among those who are employed by an
investment services firm. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more
information.Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information
or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we
value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we
recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that
promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. to
learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition
to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Columbia , Project Ldr, FIN, Other , Westphalia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!