Safety & Security Specialist- *NIGHT SHIFT*
Company: Quaker Windows
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionSafety & Security Specialist Job
DescriptionDepartment:SafetyReports To:OperationsJob Type:Non -
Exempt Date:June 2022Position Overview:Quaker Safety & Security
Specialist will report to Operations and work cooperatively with
all departments and Quaker committees to promote a safe and secure
working environment for all Quaker employees and guests and
enforces security regulations. This is a night shift position
working 3:30pm-midnight with possibility for some overtime hours as
- Guard industrial/commercial property against fire, theft,
vandalism, and illegal entry by way of patrolling buildings,
property; examining and securing doors, windows, and gates.
- Execution, planning, and enhancement of all Quaker hazards
policies and plans (including but not limited to fire, weather,
intruder, and active shooter).
- Serve as a liaison with local, county, district, and state
first responders regarding matters relating to Quaker including,
but not limited to, emergency responses, medical emergencies,
sounding hazard notification systems, and unruly and/or
- Work closely with Safety and Medical teams in supporting and
promoting a safe and secure workplace.Essential
Functions:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain proper accountability for access systems (keys, cards,
- Serve as security to ensure any departing personnel matters end
professionally and mitigate any incidents that may arise,
enforcement of proper identification for authorized entry onto
property, enforces infractions of rules for both employees and
visitors, and assists visitors with legitimate need to entry to
- Proactively patrols buildings and grounds to assess for
unauthorized presence, abandoned vehicles, unsecured doors, and/or
other risk hazards.
- Assures that all doors are lockable and properties can be
- Administers fleet management program, including daily pre-shift
inspection, fueling, cold weather preparation, and maintaining keys
and employee usage logs for all Quaker vehicles.
- Monitors parking lots, identifies and posts parking and no
- Monitors and assists with treatment of walkways and parking
areas during inclement weather.
- Inspects and maintains eyewash stations, fire extinguishers,
and other safety equipment as needed.
- Assists with COVID-related sanitization protocols and PPE
identification and distribution.
- Conducts investigations and completes professional
documentation when called upon to do so.
- Provide training in any current and expansion of the Quaker
- Escorts personnel to vehicles upon request.
- Responds to and assists with emergency security, safety, and
medical situations as needed.
- Transports injured workers for urgent care medical
- Conducts reasonable suspicion drug testing and
- Communicates daily with Safety Manager and day shift Safety &
Security Specialist to promote continuity of information and
- Ability to stay professional and composed in addressing
- Ability to conduct and complete proper documentation for a
range of inspections to include but not limited to fire, equipment
and machinery operation and malfunctions, general plant safety,
property damage, unusual occurrences.
- Self-motivated and be able to follow instructions with little
or no supervision.
- Operate effectively as part of a team structure.
- Licensed or eligible to obtain a Missouri Conceal and Carry
- Clean driving record.
- First Aid and CPR certified or able and willing to receive
training to obtain certification.
- Security, military, and or law enforcement background
- Basic purchasing experience to include online and retail.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, VDO surveillance, email, and
- Ability to adapt to evolving manufacturing environment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent at a minimum.
- Security, military, and or law enforcement background
preferred.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:This is a
full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through
Friday, 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM. Overtime as required to coincide with
day shift production schedule and assure facility is secured at end
of shift. Consistent and regular attendance is required as an
essential job function. These hours are subject to change based
upon company needs.Work Environment:This position works in a
dynamic industrial environment and requires the ability to walk and
work in all parts of the production floor and outside during all
weather conditions, as necessary to perform the function of the
roles.Physical Demands (POET Heavy):The employee is occasionally
required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee
may be required to assist with the lifting or movement of a human
in an emergency situation. Employee may be required to access
locked doors or areas in an emergency. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
focus. Other Duties:Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at
any time with or without notice.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Quaker Windows, Columbia , Safety & Security Specialist- *NIGHT SHIFT*, Other , Freeburg, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!