2nd Shift Line Operator
Company: Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Location: Wright City
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical
day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth
opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an
important role in providing innovative solutions for today's
gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve
operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were
founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing.
Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform
for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change.
Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that
we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next
generation of leaders.
We're looking for 2nd Shift Line Operator for our Wright City, MO
mulch and soil manufacturing facility.
* Starting pay rate is $17.65/hr (plus shift differential) based on
* Hours will be 4:00PM-2:30AM M-F (plus some Saturday work during
* Will consider temp-to-hire arrangement for right candidate
The Line Operator ensures the production line is running to
performance and quality standards, informs the heavy equipment
operator to fill the shakers, performs housekeeping duties which
include sweeping, and inventory management.
What you'll do in this role:
* Coordinate with the material handler and heavy equipment operator
which material will be used for each machine. Ensures the shakers
are filled to keep the flow of material to the production
* Ensure the correct roll stock or fold packaging is being used and
places it on the machine.
* Perform quality checks including weighing and volume checks.
* Communicate with the material handler if the material should have
more moisture or switched to another material.
* Perform housekeeping duties to ensure the material does not
accumulate under the conveyors, aisle ways and cat-walks by
following safety practices to avoid injuries.
* Complete production documentation ensuring accuracy, completeness
* Responsible for meeting quality and quantity standards with
Materials or Products.
* Responsible to inform the maintenance personnel of any equipment
problems in which they encounter.
* Follow safety practices to insure their safety and the safety of
others around them.
What you'll need to be successful:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* A minimum of one plus years of production plant experience is
* Able to identify all materials used, detail oriented, follow safe
practices and procedures, ability to read English and or follow
* Able to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/ rainy weather,
lift 50 pounds, and be able to climb ladders and work on their feet
for the entire day.
* Willingness to work mandatory overtime including weekends and
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
* Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental
and Vision coverage.
* Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual & $500/Family
* Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock
purchasing program (15% discount).
* Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee
resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee
Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young
* Generous vacation day policy in addition to 13 holidays
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of
our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout
the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary
focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we
remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates
healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to
get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our
associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a
medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this
requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future
opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne
Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval
to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts
Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding
recruiter fees or referral compensations.
* Except where prohibited by state or local law
Keywords: Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, Columbia , 2nd Shift Line Operator, Other , Wright City, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!