Spec Proc Tech III
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Were a Little DifferentOur mission is clear. We bring to life a
healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional
service. At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique
gifts of unique individuals careers that not only make the most of
your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover
why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its Top 100 Places to
Work.Overview:The Special Procedures Senior Technologist is
responsible for efficient, technically proficient, & responsive
functioning of the Special Radiology Procedures Lab.
- Demonstrates Mercy Values of dignity, justice, stewardship,
compassionate service, and excellence.
- Is responsive to and addresses complaints of/or the appearance
of pain in patients.
- Positions and transfers patients safely using good body
- Adheres to current CPT coding and HCFA regulations to ensure
accurate patient charges.
- Performs all necessary paperwork, charting, and data entry for
- Coordinates technical services provided for Special Procedures
patients, facilitating expert technical patient care.
- Responsible for keeping the supply inventory at an accurate
level, and order all supplies for new procedures.
- Participates in maintaining department budget.
- Maintains knowledge of new procedures, equipment, and
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding the purchase of
clinical and technical equipment.
- Acts as a resource for Special Procedures technical staff,
maintaining proficiency as a Radiology Technologist.
- Competent to provide Cardiology/Special Procedures services to
the age specific population of assigned areas. See "Age Appropriate
Care for Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric Patients"
- Assures a preventive maintenance program and repairs of all
- Proficiently operates/uses equipment.
- Contributes to interdisciplinary teamwork and facilitates a
collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem solving skills
with patients/families. co-workers, and physicians.
- Contributes to departmental integration into the larger
- Actively participates in departmental and/or organizational
wide committee work.
- Supports the department in maintaining regulatory
preparedness.Provides protection in accordance with prescribed
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist
Program and completed required clinical hours
- Licensure: ARRT
- Experience: 2+ years of relevant experience OR graduate of
Bachelor degree program
- Certifications: Current CPR certification
- Other: Demonstrates Mercy Values of Dignity, Justice,
Stewardship, Compassionate Service, and Excellence. Is responsive
to and addresses complaints of/or the appearance of pain in
patients.We Offer Great Benefits:Day-one comprehensive health,
vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and
employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great
benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48
hours or more per pay period!Were bringing to life a healing
ministry through compassionate care.At Mercy, our supportive
community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the
tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of
care and transform the health care experience through advanced
technology and innovative procedures. Were expanding to help our
communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.What Makes You a
Good Match for Mercy? Compassion and professionalism go
hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense
of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. Were
also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver
excellent care thats just part of our commitment. If that sounds
like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.angio,
angiography, specials, special procedures, IR, Interventional,
Interventional RadiologyMercy has determined this is a
safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state
of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this
Keywords: Mercy, Columbia , Spec Proc Tech III, Other , Festus, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!