Company: TRUMAN STATE UNIVERSITY
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Career Counselor is responsible for providing one-on-one and
small group career counseling to students who need help in career
decision making, career development, or special placement or
preparation issues. The Career Counselor is also responsible for
assessment administration and interpretation. The Career Counselor,
along with other Career Center staff members, provide
psycho-educational programming to a variety of groups. This
position is also responsible for graduate school preparation
programing including the Career and Graduate School week and
providing feedback on personal statements for graduate school. This
is a nine month, full time position that is benefits eligible.
Required qualifications include:
- A master's degree in counseling, student affairs or closely
related field with coursework in counseling techniques, counseling
and career development theories, and psychological
- Practicum, internship and/or work experience in the area of
career decision making and development; experience in creating and
implementing educational programming.
- A strong commitment to the development, welfare and empowerment
of students and student employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary for
Other required characteristics include:
- Initiative and self-direction
- A commitment to ethnic and cultural diversity
- Effective use of technology for educational purposes
- Creativity and initiative necessary to produce results with
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office applications.
Preferred qualifications include two or more years of professional
work experience in career counseling, advising, or coaching.
Keywords: TRUMAN STATE UNIVERSITY, Columbia , Career Counselor, Other , Kirksville, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!