Speech Language Pathologist
Company: BJC HealthCare
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Information About this Position
- 36 hours per week
- Hourly Rate
- Benefits Eligible
- $2,500.00 Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Company and Job Overview
Center includes two locations in Missouri — a
full-service acute care hospital in Farmington as well as a
three-bed critical access hospital in Bonne Terre. Parkland Health
Center provides quality primary and secondary level inpatient and
outpatient services to the people of St. Francois County and
surrounding areas in southeastern Missouri.
Parkland’s Farmington campus offers a full
continuum of inpatient and medical-surgical and intensive care,
obstetrics, geriatric psychiatry and emergency services, along with
a wide variety of outpatient services including oncology services,
an infusion center, a wound care clinic, and the Huckstep Heart and
Lung Center. The Parkland Bonne Terre campus includes emergency
services, inpatient services for patients meeting specific
criteria, and a sleep study lab.
The Registered Speech Pathologist or Speech
Therapist provides skilled speech and swallow therapy services to
patients including all aspects of evaluation and treatment.
- Establishes treatment plan and provides treatment, considering
discharge needs; expected discharge functional status; and
appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Educates, collaborates with, and conferences with patients,
families, and other health care providers; making recommendations
for referrals to specialists as needed.
- Delegates to assistants, techs, and students through written
and verbal communication including determining the skill level or
competency required to provide interventions to best meet the needs
of the patient.
- Completes documentation in accordance with departmental
- Provides assessment, reassessment, and/or consultations for
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Master's Degree in Speech Pathology
- Speech Language Pathologist license
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, Columbia , Speech Language Pathologist, Other , Farmington, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!