Information About this Position
- PRN Schedule
- PRN Rate
- Non-Benefits Eligible
Company and Job Overview
Missouri Baptist Sullivan
Hospital is a designated critical access hospital
committed to providing quality health care service to residents in
Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties.
The hospital has enhanced and expanded the
health care services available to the greater Sullivan community
with its state-of-the-art emergency department, modern childbirth
center, critical care unit, multiroom surgical suite, expanded
cardiac rehab services, and a cancer center. A 22,500 square-foot
medical office building provides offices for primary care
physicians as well as space for a variety of visiting medical and
surgical specialists from the St. Louis area.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital operates
four rural health clinics providing quality health care to
surrounding communities. In addition, the hospital operates a
comprehensive Therapy and Rehabilitation department and an
award-winning Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers.
The Registered Speech Pathologist or Speech
Therapist provides skilled speech and swallow therapy services to
patients including all aspects of evaluation and treatment.
- Establishes treatment plan and provides treatment, considering
discharge needs; expected discharge functional status; and
appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Educates, collaborates with, and conferences with patients,
families, and other health care providers; making recommendations
for referrals to specialists as needed.
- Delegates to assistants, techs, and students through written
and verbal communication including determining the skill level or
competency required to provide interventions to best meet the needs
of the patient.
- Completes documentation in accordance with departmental
- Provides assessment, reassessment, and/or consultations for
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Master's Degree in Speech Pathology
- Speech Language Pathologist license
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.