Company: BJC HealthCare
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Information About this Position
- 36 hours per week
- Non-Exempt; Hourly
- Benefits Eligible
- $2,500.00 Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Company and Job Overview
Center includes two locations in Missouri — a
full-service acute care hospital in Farmington as well as a
three-bed critical access hospital in Bonne Terre. Parkland Health
Center provides quality primary and secondary level inpatient and
outpatient services to the people of St. Francois County and
surrounding areas in southeastern Missouri.
Parkland’s Farmington campus offers a full
continuum of inpatient and medical-surgical and intensive care,
obstetrics, geriatric psychiatry and emergency services, along with
a wide variety of outpatient services including oncology services,
an infusion center, a wound care clinic, and the Huckstep Heart and
Lung Center. The Parkland Bonne Terre campus includes emergency
services, inpatient services for patients meeting specific
criteria, and a sleep study lab.
The licensed or registered
Occupational Therapist (OT) provides skilled occupational therapy
services to patients including all aspects of evaluation and
- Establishes treatment plan and provides treatment,
considering discharge needs; expected discharge functional status;
and appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Educates, collaborates with, and conferences with
patients, families, and other health care providers; making
recommendations for referrals to specialists as needed.
- Delegates to assistants, techs, and students through
written and verbal communication including determining the skill
level or competency required to provide interventions to best meet
the needs of the patient.
- Completes documentation in accordance with departmental
- Provides assessment, reassessment, and/or consultations
for Occupational Therapy Services.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position.
The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Bachelor's Degree - Occupational Therapy (OT)
- No Experience
- Occupational Therapist License
- Master's Degree - Occupational Therapy (OT)
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, Columbia , Occupational Therapist, Other , Farmington, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!