Information About this Position
- 40 hours per week
- Up to $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
Company and Job Overview
Missouri Baptist Sullivan
Hospital is a designated critical access hospital
committed to providing quality health care service to residents in
Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties.
The hospital has enhanced and expanded the
health care services available to the greater Sullivan community
with its state-of-the-art emergency department, modern childbirth
center, critical care unit, multiroom surgical suite, expanded
cardiac rehab services, and a cancer center. A 22,500 square-foot
medical office building provides offices for primary care
physicians as well as space for a variety of visiting medical and
surgical specialists from the St. Louis area.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital operates
four rural health clinics providing quality health care to
surrounding communities. In addition, the hospital operates a
comprehensive Therapy and Rehabilitation department and an
award-winning Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chambers.
Provides direct patient care activities
including IV management, utilizing the nursing process, under the
supervision of the RN.
- Implements treatments and procedures within the scope of
practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, provides patient
teaching and discharge planning. Participates in professional
development and life long learning.
- Performs patient assessment and evaluation with regard to the
patient‘s age and developmental needs.
- Assists in developing and updating the plan of care with regard
to the patient‘s age and developmental needs.
- Implements plan of care with regard to the patient‘s age and
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), IV Certified
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer