Located in St. Clair, Missouri
Americare has earned both the 2020 Customer Approved and
Employee Approved awards from Lincoln, Nebraska-based
healthcare-intelligence firm NRC Health!
- Access to Wages on Demand - Get Paid Before Payday!
- Free Meals During Shifts
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!
Position Summary: *This position is for Skilled Missouri
The Certified Medication Tech is certified to administer
medications, in accordance with state and federal laws, under the
supervision of licensed staff to residents within Americare skilled
communities. Provide residents with direct care to assure quality
of life while offering additional support to family and visitors.
Maintains professional behavior while functioning as an
interdisciplinary team member meeting state and federal
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administer prescribed medications to residents and maintain
related medical records under supervision of licensed nurse.
Verified identity of resident receiving medication and records name
of drug, dosage and time of administration on specified forms or
- Ability to provide direct physical and emotional care to
resident including, but not limited to, personal hygiene,
transferring, lifting, maintain records, confidentiality and
assistance with activities of daily living.
- Recognize and report in a timely manner any change in resident
condition to charge supervisor.
- Accurately observe record and report resident care as
- Take vital signs, record and report abnormalities to supervisor
as per Community policy.
- Identifies when medications are not available and immediately
reports to supervisor. Documents as appropriate after discussion
- Adheres to the Americare Mission/Vision, Home Town Hospitality
and F.A.M.I.L.Y. Values, Employee Culture Statement and Company
Policy and Procedures.
- Immediately report any accidents or incidents involving
residents, staff and visitors.
- Communicate through report to staff on preceding and oncoming
- Assists with admission, discharge and transfer paperwork as
requested by supervisor.
- Must be able to work independently or with peers to provide
care of residents.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Indoor with adequate lighting and ventilation, carpet, tile and
concrete floors. May include outdoor or public activities or
attending recreational events with residents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
The physical demands of this position include:
- Standing, sitting, walking, changing of position, reaching,
extending hands & arms, reach across midline, crouching, balancing,
kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting 25 lbs from sit to stand &
push, pull, lower 100 lbs and push resident in wheelchair 350
Category 1: possibility of exposure on daily basis. Required use
of personal protective equipment
- When administering resident care, gait belt, two man lift with
the use of mechanical lifts.
- Use of PPE is required when appropriate to prevent exposure to
- Mandatory reporting of all work related injuries immediately to
supervisor and complete appropriate documentation.
- Participation in our drug testing procedures is a mandatory
part of employment with this facility.
- Auditory: to hear and understand verbal request.
- Visually: be able to read necessary information to complete
- Verbally: communicate with customers and others on your
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Hours can vary depending on coverage and demands of the
Some travel may be requested from time to time.
- Minimum age of 16 with High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion Certified Medication Tech Course approved by or
adopted by the State of Missouri and hold a current
- Required to complete annual updates to maintain valid CMT
Americare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Americare does not discriminate in employment opportunities,
decisions or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
genetics, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap or
disability, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by
law (may also be called "protected class"). In order to provide
equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals,
employment decisions at Americare will be based upon merit,
qualifications and abilities. Americare will also make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities,
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Americare.
This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring,
job assignment, training, promotion, compensation, discipline,
termination, and access to benefits and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Americare Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer)
and drug-free workplace.
We offer employees access to wages on demand