Company: The Doe Run Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Supervise respective crew to achieve production, safety, and
environmental goals and requirements of the plant. This position is
located in the beautiful Mark Twain National Forest in Boss,
- Create a positive, respectful atmosphere among crew, fostering
a team environment and open communication.
- Observe production and assigned areas to assure production is
progressing. Attend meetings to stay abreast of any issues or
- Review and prioritize work orders and assign work to
crewmembers according to their skills and priorities.
- Supervise, coach, and follow up for work completion; ensure
safe and environmentally compliant work area and that rules are
followed and tools, proper clothing, and equipment are used.
Includes maintain cleanliness of work areas.
- Handle requisitions for parts and supplies and complete time
sheets, production reports, and other necessary paperwork.
- Monitor and inspect equipment (including mobile equipment if
necessary), complete minor repairs and maintenance when possible,
submit repair maintenance work orders, and schedule preventive
maintenance for plant equipment when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 5 to 10 years of experience in industrial operations or
- Prior supervision experience is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Conflict resolution, coaching and SMART delegation
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of lean/6 sigma principles
- Knowledge of general chemistry
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and wet, humid,
hot, or cold (non-weather) conditions. Frequently exposed to
- Occasionally required to work near moving mechanical parts.
Regularly required to wear personal protective equipment, including
but not limited to, fall protection, a respirator, hearing
protection, and eyewear. May be exposed to loud noise levels.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods
of time, talk and hear; occasionally required to use repetitive
motion and reach with hands/arms. Requires clarity of vision and
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Based in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held
natural resources company and one of the largest integrated lead
producers in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally
responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run has facilities in
Missouri, Washington and Arizona and operates one of the world's
largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, located in Boss,
MO. Using innovative mining techniques, Doe Run skillfully taps one
of the largest lead deposits in the world.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to
provide premium services and products to people who share our
belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our
sustainability report located at http://sustainability.doerun.com/.
All health and welfare benefits as well as 401K are effective on
your start date! In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement to
help you grow and develop within our organization with ample
opportunities for advancement.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing
equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not
necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training,
education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer,
upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual's
race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or
other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local
laws. For more information, please click on the following links:
About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.
Keywords: The Doe Run Company, Columbia , Production Supervisor, Other , Boss, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!