Tetra Tech is seeking part time architects, engineers, and
technicians qualified to assess electrical, mechanical, fire
protection, exteriors including roofs, interiors, and other
facility systems, as well as linear utility systems, stormwater,
wastewater, water, electrical, natural gas, pavement, steam or
compressed air. While we are seeking people that want the
flexibility of part time work, there may also be full time
opportunities for personnel who also demonstrate the desire and
ability to prepare reports, inventory information, and analyze data
obtained in the field. This is a remote, field based position with
the ability to work from most locations nationwide.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want
to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech,
you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about
using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in
water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy,
and international development.
SUMMARY: Tetra Tech is an industry leader in Infrastructure
Asset Management Services. We complete numerous facility,
infrastructure, and utility condition assessments and inventory
collection projects for government and commercial clients worldwide
each year. Our assessments include an asset inspection and
engineering analysis of the level of maintenance and history,
failure trends, root cause analyses, and work requirements to be
accomplished that establishes the physical and mechanical condition
of an asset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strict adherence to Tetra Tech safety policies.
- Perform facility assessments of buildings, structures and other
real property assets across the building
structural/civil/architectural, mechanical/electrical/plumbing and
fire protection systems. Perform utility infrastructure assessments
of stormwater, wastewater, water, electrical, natural gas,
compressed air, pavement, and other linear utility distribution
- Conduct inventory and condition assessments of building systems
consistent with the UNIFORMAT convention per ASTM E1557.
- Utilize electronic mediums (smartphone, tablets, or other
devices) efficiently to accurately capture inventory and condition
- Provide quality assurance over field data collected by self or
others to ensure accuracy and eliminate data gaps.
- Identify building/infrastructure components and document
deficiencies to update the facility condition index (FCI).
- Generate system summary reports for assigned systems.
- Field work on-site in both CONUS and OCONUS on trips lasting
- Use of various condition assessment and inventory data systems.
Project activities can also include obtaining and correlating
existing building drawings, preparing data collection devices,
assessment of facility exterior, interior, and roof, as well as
mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP) and providing
scope and rough order of magnitude costs for needed repairs and
condition index for each assessed facility.
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
- The assessment and inventory collection requirements are varied
and often vary from one location to the next. Successful candidates
will generally have some level of expertise in at least one of the
building, utility, or infrastructure systems listed in the position
summary and a working knowledge of other systems.
- Successful candidates will also have a strong desire to learn
more about the technology used to assess and collect inventory
information of various systems and be comfortable entering data in
portable electronic devices.
- Mechanical/Electrical assessors shall be capable of conducting
inventory and condition assessments of building
mechanical/electrical/plumbing (MEP) systems and supporting
- Structural assessors shall be capable of understanding and
identifying building envelopes including various structural
systems, exterior/interior walls and windows, roofing, flooring and
related architectural finishes.
- Utility assessors shall be capable of opening manholes and
other utility infrastructure to conduct visual inspections and
perform inventory collection. Confined space entry is not required
for this position.
- Assessors should have general knowledge of Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and be able to identify life
- Ability to work independently with minimum Project Manager
oversight while maintaining schedule discipline.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
including technical report writing experience.
- Interact with Project Manager, Technical Leads, and co-workers
to ensure compliance with project scope objectives.
- Familiarity with industrial, large office, and other large
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a National
Agency Check with Local Agency Check (NACLC) clearance from the
Department of Defense (DoD).
- Valid state driver license and ability to obtain U.S.
- Successfully pass a Department of Motor Vehicles background
check by designated company automobile insurance carrier.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A technical bachelor's degree is highly desired. Examples
include, architecture, engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical,
environmental, geomatics), this list is not all inclusive.
- Candidates without a technical degree will be considered if
they can demonstrate 10+ years of practical experience dealing with
the building and infrastructure systems highlighted in the position
- Previous experience working in public works and facility
management for military, federal agencies, municipal or public
works departments are desired.
- Experience (5+ years) performing asset assessments is desired,
however Tetra Tech offers a robust training program for people with
a willingness to learn.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates will be
expected to lift manhole covers and may be required to lift
50-pound objects on an occasional basis. Workdays can be long with
candidates required to be on their feet for extended hours,
climbing ladders, crawling in small spaces (utility tunnels, crawl
spaces, etc.), and possibly covering 4-6 miles of walking.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates will be required to travel to work sites and may be
exposed to varied weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Candidates can expect to spend most of their workdays outside
working in teams of 2-4 people for 8-10 hours per day on occasions
for many days in a row.
- Depending on the project schedule some weekend work will be
- Normally work schedules are set 21-30 days in advance.
- When not conducting field assessment work, candidates will
normally return to their home, some remote support work may be
available, but otherwise would wait for next field assignment.
- Overtime (time and a half) is available when more than 40 hours
are worked in one week (Saturday-Friday).
LANGUAGE/COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Candidate must speak, read and
understand the English language. Accurate report writing is a
requirement of this position.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Understanding of basic mathematic skills is
OTHER SKILLS: Candidates must have experience with Microsoft
Office Suite programs (i.e., Word, Excel, and Access or related
database software). Familiarity using Geographic Information
Systems (GIS) is desired.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and
engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the
resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local,
client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the
world. We are Leading with Science to provide sustainable and
resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that
supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are
proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by
For more information on our company, please visit our website at
www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover
letter on the Careers portion of our website at
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested
parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request
priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies