Are you looking to have fun while making a difference in
Who We Are
At Americare we make a difference in the everyday lives of
others and we are proud of the work we do. We have created
communities that embrace our team members like family. We have a
culture of recognition, empowerment and a side of fun. Our senior
living communities are places where excellence thrives and that we
call home. Americare has earned both the 2020 Customer Approved and
Employee Approved awards from Lincoln, Nebraska-based
healthcare-intelligence firm NRC Health! We provide competitive
compensation with annual performance wage rate increases.
A few of our benefit highlights:
- Access to wages daily
- Vaccines for employees
- Free meal per shift
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition assistance
- Vacation/Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurances
- Free Professional Employee Coaching
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
- Advancement Opportunities
Interested in joining the Americare Family?
Browse our current job openings in your area.
Currently Offering $3,000 Sign On Bonus
The Charge Nurse is a licensed nurse who is responsible for the
oversight and provision of care to the Community
Residents/Patients. The Charge Nurse is responsible for discharging
their duties as per the Nurse Practice Act of their State of
employment. This position may oversee the Team of Caregivers
providing services to our Residents/Patients. The Charge Nurse is
responsible to assure staff performs these functions as per
Community Policy and as well State and Federal laws. Maintains
professional behavior while functioning as an interdisciplinary
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for all nursing service and its administration and
- Interprets all nursing policies/procedures to nursing
personnel. Determines that nursing care standards /nursing
policies/procedures are followed according to written
- Supervises and gives clinical guidance to nursing staff (RN,
LPN, C.N.A., CMT, CMA) as necessary.
- Responsible for the completion of Resident/Patient assessments
monthly and as needed, notifying physicians and families of change
in condition, obtaining appropriate orders and implementing orders,
updating care plans according to Resident/Patient needs, assuring
ADL's Residents/Patients are met, admitting,
transferring/discharging Residents/Patients per Policy.
- Providing medication and treatments as order by the attending
- Adheres to the Americare Mission/Vision, Home Town Hospitality
and F.A.M.I.L.Y. Values, Employee Culture Statement and Company
Policy and Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes rounds to assure the care of the Resident/Patient is
being administered as per Americare Policy/Standards and culturally
- Makes supervisor aware of significant changes in
Resident/Patient condition, the need to transfer to the Acute Care
setting, grievances and concerns.
- Immediately reports concerns regarding incidents and accidents
and/or Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation to the Director of Nursing
and Administrator as per Americare Policy and Procedure and State
and Federal Requirements.
- Assures communication of supply, equipment, stock medications
and related items are communicated to appropriate personnel.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Indoor with adequate lighting and ventilation, carpet, tile,
concrete floors. May include outdoor or public activities or
attending recreational events with residents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
The physical demands of this position include:
- Standing, sitting, walking, changing of position, reaching,
extending hands & arms, reach across midline, crouching, balancing,
kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting 25 lbs from sit to stand &
push, pull, lower 100 lbs and push resident in wheelchair 350
Category 1, possibility of exposure on daily basis. Required use
of personal protective equipment
- When administering resident care, gait belt, two man lift
policy and use of mechanical lifts in noted facilities.
- Use of PPE is required when appropriate to prevent exposure to
- Mandatory reporting of all work related injuries within 12
hours to supervisor with participation in required
- Participation in our drug testing procedures is a mandatory
part of employment with this facility.
- Auditory: to hear and understand verbal request,
- Visually: be able to read necessary information to complete
- Verbally: communicate with customers and others on your
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Hours can vary depending on coverage and demands of the
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (LPN)
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse license
- Maintains current state registration and ongoing education
Americare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Americare does not discriminate in employment opportunities,
decisions or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
genetics, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap or
disability, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by
law (may also be called "protected class"). In order to provide
equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals,
employment decisions at Americare will be based upon merit,
qualifications and abilities. Americare will also make reasonable
accommodations for qualifiedindividuals with known disabilities,
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Americare.
This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring,
job assignment, training, promotion, compensation, discipline,
termination, and access to benefits and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Americare Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer)
and drug-free workplace.
We offer employees access to wages on demand