Company: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Gruppe
Posted on: February 23, 2021
The development team (Pleasanton, CA) at Roche Sequencing
Solutions is seeking a talented and motivated Scientist II to
develop and launch exciting target enrichment technologies in the
field of Next-Generation Sequencing. The qualified candidate will
join a project team and will be responsible for optimizing
workflows, improving performance, and developing innovative
workflows into game changing products. Candidates must be able to
work in a cross functional, collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced
team environment. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Optimizes target enrichment workflows for ease of use,
turnaround time, and performance.
- Performs nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, and
optimizes output for downstream processing.
- Operates nucleic acid analysis instruments for quality and
quantity assessments; this includes qPCR instruments, fluorometers,
Agilent Bioanalyzer and TapeStation.
- Uses Next-Generating Sequencing instruments to produce data for
- Performs feasibility, verification, and validation studies with
the goals of product development and product launch.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods,
materials, and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.--
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and
determines future experiments.
- Presents findings or comprehensive project status reviews at
- Establishes and maintains productive relationship with
personnel in cross functional teams. Key Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry,
Biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 3 years of lab
- Experience with next-generation sequencing based workflows
including nucleic acid extraction, and library preparation is a
- Familiarity with laboratory automation/liquid handling, qPCR,
nucleic acid analysis tools is preferred
- Team oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability
to take ownership and accountability of assignment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to
effectively communicate with cross-functional teams Roche is an
equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful
discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national
origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical
condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability and need
an accommodation in connection with the on-line application
process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com . This
website contains information on products which is targeted to a
wide range of audiences and could contain product details or
information otherwise not accessible or valid in your country.
Please be aware that we do not take any responsibility for
accessing such information which may not comply with any legal
process, regulation, registration or usage in the country of your
Keywords: F. Hoffmann-La Roche Gruppe, Columbia , Scientist 2, Other , California, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!