Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 10, 2021
Responsible for the repair, testing and calibration of clinical
equipment, devices, instruments and systems. Inspect, install and
provide scheduled maintenance of clinical equipment. Supports
clinical equipment, medical staff, technicians, and administrators
with technical assistance and advice. Performs skilled tasks in the
areas of Biomedical Equipment Technology and general
maintenance. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s, bachelor’s degree or military equivalent program in
Biomedical Engineering / Electronics, Electronic Technology or
other related field with a minimum of three to five years’
experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment. An
equivalent combination of education and experience may be
substituted if approved.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Follows hospital and departmental policies and
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled (PM) Maintenance on Clinical
- Installs and calibrates Clinical Equipment.
- Provides Clinical Equipment pre-purchase and contract
- Provides clinical support and training in proper equipment
operation to staff.
- Assumes duties of Senior Biomed in his/her absence.
- Complies with the hospital’s Corporate Compliance Program
including, but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, laws and
regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
- Must be free from governmental sanctions involving health care
and/or financial practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of Associates degree in Bio-Medical
Electronics from an accredited institution.
- Experience: MUST HAVE minimum of three to five years in Bio-Med
Equipment repair and patient care systems.
- Must have precise eye/hand control, excellent finger dexterity,
ability to calibrate equipment, computer data input-extract and
ability to work in delicate areas with precise
- Must have excellent communication skills and able to work
professionally with clinical and all staff within the healthcare
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds, work in restricted and
congested areas, work kneeling, stooping, and standing for extended
- Must be able to calculate equations using formulas to determine
required power, troubleshoot, analyze and evaluate problems with
- Must have sufficient vision, hearing, and speaking to perform
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge. Knowledge of
electronic theory, technology and test equipment. Knowledge of
Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology as it relates to
clinical equipment. Basic knowledge of computers, servers, networks
and Windows operating systems.
Applicants are subject to complete background search, motor vehicle
records check, and drug screening before hire.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without Visa
Keywords: Job Juncture, Columbia , Bmet Iii, Other , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!