Call Center Supervisor
Posted on: October 20, 2020
Sales Resource Center Supervisor Summary:
- Manages entirety of team operations by assisting phone
representatives with questions and phone calls.
- Monitors queues and tracks calls. Motivates, coaches and
encourages phone representatives through positive communication and
- Responsible for the call center staff and activity during their
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitor call volume and make the necessary changes in staffing
based on daily call volume, as well as maintain call answer rate
goals and reviews abandonment rate.
- Assist representatives with call issues.
- Handle caller complaints when a situation has been
- Open and close call center.
- Set targets and measure performance for both individuals and
- Identify operational issues and suggest possible
- Work with other supervisors and management to support
representatives and maximize sales and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in coordinating coaching times with employees and
coaches to ensure sufficient staffing for phone coverage.
- Distribute and inform call center representatives of new
procedures or changes.
- Administer employee counseling and disciplinary actions for
attendance, behavior and call quality.
- Monitor representatives breaks, lunches and make busy
- Monitor individual and team performance.
- Review sales language and assist representatives with customer
service language and other call procedures as needed.
- Keep all representatives up to date on the latest sales
techniques and procedural information.
- Create ongoing training with sales material and quizzes.
- Create coaching material, as well as provide guidelines for
mentoring and coaching.
- Provide regular reports of assessment to Call Center Director
of Rep I's and Rep II's.
- Support new representatives after training by monitoring their
- Role play, coach and mentor Representative I's, Representative
II's and others as necessary.
- Prepare performance, coaching and call evaluation reports for
the SRC Director.
- Handle incoming phone calls as needed.
- Keep a positive and professional environment, as well as
motivate the team.
- Assist with hiring representatives.
- Assist the support team, including but not limited to, running
test leads, screen checks, determining screen language and screen
clarification for representatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Education/Experience: High school diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years work experience. At least one-year work
experience in a call center. Supervisor experience encouraged.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and
correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees of organization. Basic oral and written
- Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw
and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an
individual should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
specifically Excel and Word, as well as the ability to navigate
internet based programs.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
for extended periods of time; use hands; reach with hands and arms;
and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds. The employee will be required to talk on the phone
on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud as it takes place in a call center.
This is a full time position, with 40 hours in an average week.
This position has somewhat flexible hours after initial training is
complete due to business need.Requirements
- Inspires teammates to follow them
- Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary
to get the task done well
- Some Knowledge
- Supervisory experience
Keywords: StorageMart, Columbia , Call Center Supervisor, Other , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!