Fast Track Adjuster
Company: Shelter Insurance
Posted on: March 25, 2020
A company built to serve you. It's your career, Shelter it!The
Fast Track Adjuster takes first notice of loss or is assigned loss
reports, performs duties associated with settling high-frequency,
low-severity claims, focusing on prompt investigation and rapid
disposition. Specializes in settling routine claims quickly and
cost-effectively, settling claims within prescribed limits of
authority, while maintaining a low volume of pending files. Damages
are usually determined based on appraisals or estimates. Handles
claims by phone, mail, and technology available. Performs claims
investigations with assistance of claims processing software. Due
to the duties and responsibilities of this position, a Credit
Bureau Report may be run on final candidates. Requires the ability
to perform the essential functions of the position with or without
a reasonable accommodation. College degree from an accredited
college or university, or equivalent job-related experience is
Minimum starting salary: $18.51 - $26.96 per hour
#CB#If interested, please apply by:04/02/2020DUTIES &
- Reviews and evaluates claim details based on evidence obtained
in investigation. Orders police reports and records from ISO and
other sources to determine facts of accident and prior accident
information, while determining responsible parties and company
liability, questions of fraud, or other pertinent issues. Sets
reserves to reflect possible future Company liabilities from
- Reviews assigned loss reports to determine additional
information needed. Verifies coverage, limits, effective dates of
policy and possible restrictions or exclusions after examination of
applicable policy and endorsements. Investigates to establish facts
- Applies read in/read out approach to policy coverages. Reviews
and converts estimates and appraisals. Manages car rentals
according to company guidelines.
- Reviews and documents open and pending files while negotiating
settlement of claims with insureds, claimants, or their
representative determining progress of claim within authority
- Gives written notice of denied claims, and prepares file
documentation necessary to substantiate losses and support basis
for payment or denial, and amount paid.
- Takes recorded statements on E&O claims as requested by
- Superior communication and negotiation skills.
- Above-average skills for organization analysis, communication,
negotiating, and decision-making.
- Must demonstrate independent planning and initiative.
- Must possess a valid driver's license supported by a good
- This is the skill set for an individual at mid-point of
position. Based upon banding of grades, the skills needed may
- Ability to acquire adjuster license in states of operation as
- Other duties may be assigned to meet ongoing business
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- College degree from an accredited college or university, or
equivalent job-related experience, is required.
- Completion of training schools, including studies of insurance
policies and coverages, investigative procedures, and motor vehicle
- Knowledge in areas of auto repair preferred.
Keywords: Shelter Insurance, Columbia , Fast Track Adjuster, Other , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!