Posted on: December 5, 2019
Tooling Mechanic encompasses all of the duties of the following job
classifications: Inspector Metrology, Inspector Tool & Die, Tool &
Die Maker, Machinist All Around, Builder Mock-up and Tooling,
Machinist General, Welder Tooling, Heat Treater Tool Room.
Individual job duties may include:
- Design, install, operate, and maintain tools and engineering test
and production parts and equipment in collaboration with mechanical
design, industrial engineering and production operations.
- Partner with design to modify and fabricate tools and parts and
build production tooling. Periodically inspect tools for
- Develop, prepare, and maintain all documentation related to
design, fabrication, and manufacturing of engineering test and
production tooling and equipment and associated calibration test
- Perform all necessary bench and machine operations to build new
and replacement parts for precision-built tools and machine
- Weld various metals by means of arc, acetylene, heli-arc welding,
silver soldering, brazing as shown on drawings, sketches,
blueprints, or as required.
- Heat and shape details of various metals for independent use or
for later location on fixtures.
- Repair by heating, brazing, welding or soldering metal dies,
formblocks, etc., of stainless steel, cast iron, and other various
- Operate heat-treating equipment to accomplish processes such as
hardening, annealing, normalizing, carburizing, tempering, and case
hardening of tools, tool parts, and production parts.
- Determine methods according to composition of materials, time and
heating medium, shape, size, and thickness; determine method of
placing in high temperature furnaces and baths to minimize warp
age, distortion and damage.- Machine complex aircraft parts.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading
manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and
security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled
scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and
you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and
for the world.Basic Qualifications (Requirements)
- Minimum 1 year of experience with tooling fabrication
- Associate------s Degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience programming and operating a 5-axis
- Aerospace tool fabrication
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective
New Hires, as well as employees who transfer from non-union
positions, may be required to attend some type of training upon
their start. Once any required training has been completed all new
employees will be considered on probation for a period of forty
(40) working days. Continued employment is contingent upon
successful completion of any required training and the probationary
Candidates must be able to work any shift, as assigned.
High school graduate or GED preferred.
Prefer a minimum of two (2) or more years of related work
Preferred related trade school or apprenticeship program
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a ------US Person------ as defined by 22 C.F.R. --120.15
is required. ------US Person------ includes US Citizen, lawful
permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.RelocationThis position is
located in a location that does not offer relocation. -- Candidates
must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own
expense.Drug Free WorkplaceBoeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Columbia , Tooling Mechanic, Other , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!