Night Lead Press Operator
Company: JobFinders Employment Services Company
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Position Description:Current opening for one (1) Lead Press
Operator on the night shift from 6:00 pm - 6:00 am, three (3)
nights a week. This is a full-time, hourly (non-exempt) position
that is paid bi-weekly. Lead Press Operators will safely and
efficiently operate 4-Color heat-set web presses (a Hantscho and
Harris M1000). Will also supervise press crew assigned to the
press, maintain effective working working relationships, give and
receive instructions.ResponsibilitiesLead Press Operators must
always adhere to all company policies and represent The OBP in a
professional and ethical manner at all times; have strong
communication skills, a willingness to be cross trained on all
pressroom equipment, and keep management informed on production
progress, quality, repairs, and/or safety issues. Responsibilities
- Must be able to make-ready a press within standards and install
and lock plates into position
- Be able to examine job ticket to determine quantity, stock
specifications, colors, and special printing instructions.
- Must be able to measure paper thickness, insert packing sheets
on plate cylinder to adjust space between blanket and impression
cylinders according to thickness of paper stock.
- Must have knowledge of ink density, dot gain, image position on
paper, and how to make adjustments to press throughout production
run to maintain specific registration and color density.
- Must be able to wash blanket cylinders.
- Must be able to fill ink and dampening solution fountains and
adjust controls to regulate flow of ink and dampening solution to
- Must be willing to motivate and enable team members to think
and act independently
- Strong mechanical aptitude a plus
- Must have the ability to establish credibility and be
- Must have good reasoning abilities, sound judgement.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze and provide actionable
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills in
order to connect and communicate with employees at all levels of
the organization and customers that come in for press checks.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements:Applicants must
have 3-5 years' pressroom experience with 4-color heat-set web
press operation, a High School Diploma or GED preferred. Must be
able to do minor repairs on equipment. Computer skills in MS Office
and knowledge of Monarch software would be a plus. Excellent
organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills. The
ability to do mathematical calculations and computations
accurately. Proficient in English language. Excellent attention to
detail. Excellent interpersonal skills be able to work as a team
member, and ability to handle stressful situations. An outstanding
attendance record and positive attitude.What We Offer:Health
Insurance (PPO or HDHP with an HSA that company contributes to,
Dental, Vision), Company---paid Short-term/Long-Term Disability and
Life & AD&D, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance, Company-paid
contribution to HSA account, AFLAC, 401K, Birthday off with pay,
Paid Vacation, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Profit-Sharing, Overtime
paid after 37.5 hours, and shift differential pay.*This job is
located in Fulton, MO
Keywords: JobFinders Employment Services Company, Columbia , Night Lead Press Operator, Other , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!