Experienced Systems Engineer
Posted on: December 5, 2019
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect,
explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you------ll
learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find
your future with us.The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS)
Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) capability is
currently seeking experienced Systems Engineers to support a
portfolio of fixed wing and weapons programs in St. Louis, MO and
Oklahoma City, OK. We are specifically seeking engineers with
experience in one of the following three disciplines: Reliability &
Maintainability (R&M), Human Factors Engineering, and/or
Onboard Health Management.Position Responsibilities:Reliability &
- Analyze customer provided requirements and develop Reliability
and Maintainability (R&M) program plans that achieve customer
- Allocate top level requirements to design team specifications
and work statements, develop R&M predictions, and track
- Analyze system and individual part parameters to develop
projected product utilization and calculate cumulative effect on
final system reliability.
- Perform failure mode, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA)
and formulate mathematical models to identify items posing
excessive failure and safety risks and propose changes in design
and maintenance strategies.
- Support failure reporting and corrective action system (FRACAS)
development and other root-cause corrective action (RCCA)
- Participate on design teams, provide guidance and
recommendations to designers and management to ensure reliability
and maintainability objectives are achieved.Onboard Health
- Develop Testability models from schematics, FMECAs, ICDS and
other available supplier documentation to assess compliance to
customer fault detection/isolation requirements.
- Run scripts to translate these models into a form that is
executable logic on the aircraft, and simulates the intended
- Work with the real-time software development team to integrate
the resulting executable applications into the Mission Computing
- Establish and translate requirements into hardware and software
for health management functionality.
- Assess the effectiveness of system health technologies.Human
- Requirements development; design documentation including
software interface design/analyses and collaboration to facilitate
equipment selection, design and arrangement.
- Collaborate across Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and
coordinate with the customer and user communities.
- Apply a knowledge of military standards (such as MIL-STD-1472,
MIL-STD-1474, MIL-STD-1787, MIL-STD-3009, MIL-STD-411F and
JSSG-2010 requirements) to meet program requirements.
- Demonstrate ideas to stakeholders through the use of tools such
as concept models, sketches, wireframes and prototypes.
- Define display and lighting requirements for human
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and applying knowledge of human
physical limitations.Security Clearance Requirements:This position
requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which
the US Government requires US Citizenship (post-start).Basic
- The ability to obtain a US Secret Security Clearance (post
- Bachelors degree in an engineering or equivalent field.
- 1+ year of experience in the aerospace or defense
- 3+ years of engineering experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years of Reliability and Maintainability (R&M), System
Safety, and/or Human Factors experience.
- Master's degree and course work in statistics.
- Electrical Engineering degree or course work. --
- Military experience, while not required is desirable.
- Experience conducting Usability Studies, Workload Studies and
Situation Awareness Studies.
- Experience utilizing research methods and empirical statistics
in a limited subject availability environment.
- Experience in conducting goal-directed ,hierarchical, and
critical tasks analysis.
- Experience conducting traditional and multivariate
anthropometric studies and measurement.
- --Microsoft Excel, MATLAB/Simulink, Boeing RAMC, and Vanderbilt
FACT run time reasoning tools.
- --MIL-HDBK-217F Reliability Prediction Electronic
- --Rome Air Development Center AD-A153 744 Reliability Derating
- --MIL-STD-1629 Rev A Procedure for Performing a Failure Mode,
Effects and Criticality Analysis.Typical
Education/Experience:Education/experience typically acquired
through advanced technical education from an accredited course of
study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related
work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education
and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience).
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not
required, accreditation standard.Relocation:Relocation assistance
is provided for qualified candidatesBoeing is a Drug Free Workplace
where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing
for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol
when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Columbia , Experienced Systems Engineer, Other , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!