Senior Java Developer
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Edward Jones is looking for a Senior Java Developer in
the Portfolio Level Supervision product space. This role will be
responsible for the development of an industry leading suite of
Compliance tools leveraged to supervise a host of supervisory
systems that monitor the activity of our Branch Teams including
17,000+ Financial Advisors. The team provides technology
leadership, development, support, enhancements, and projects for
the Compliance & Field Supervision division.
What you'll do...
- Duties include providing high-quality solutions by coding,
testing, debugging, documenting and maintaining programs.
Developing and modifying complex information systems involving most
phases of systems analysis and development.
- Analyze, code, test and document programs and
- Research requirements to determine system feasibility, costs,
benefits, and functional requirements.
- Conduct code walkthroughs to assure quality of programs
developed by other associates.
- Provide product support.
- Mentor less-experienced developers.What projects you'll have an
immediate impact on ---
- Next Generation Supervisory System Portfolio: Hadoop, Spark,
Scala, Kafka, Rules Engine Integrations, Docker, Containers,
Kubernetes, Microservices, Data Analytics, Visualization Tools, &
- Regulatory Projects utilizing the following technology: Java,
JEE, JSP, Spring, Spring Boot (Microservices), Rest Services,
- Modernizing our Legacy Platform: Java Servlets, ETL,
Mainframe.What you'll need...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information
Systems, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Open System development skills such as Java, JEE, JSP, Spring,
XML are required.
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following technologies
- Spark (Preferred)
- Scala (Preferred)
- A minimum of 7 years of Java development experience along with
good analysis and trouble-shooting skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic direction and
technical leadership to ensure product objectives are aligned with
the objectives of the firm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the
ability to explain complex technical issues in business terms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to design, develop, test, document and implement
quality software within targeted timeframes.
- Experience or training in the AGILE project management
- Knowledge of financial services industry is a plus.
- Persons requiring sponsorship for an employment visa are
ineligible for this position.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Columbia , Senior Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Fayette, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!