Senior Software Architect
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Title:Senior Software Architect
Location: US, California, San JoseRole Overview:The Senior
Architect will coordinate with Engineering Leaders, Product Owners
and Business Relationship Managers to incorporate the voice of the
Customer. You will be the primary contact for other Technology
teams within the organization for all matters related to building
and optimizing Cloud Infrastructure and Services. You are required
to partner with other leaders across the business to identify
opportunities and risks and develop\deliver solutions that support
business strategies. You will report to the Director of Engineering
and will be based in San Jose, California or Waterloo, Canada.
Company Overview From device to cloud, McAfee provides
market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and
consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that
are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction
of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee
secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats,
both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of
cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products
and solutions. Company Overview From device to cloud, McAfee
provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business
and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments
that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and
correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For
consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware,
and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to
shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best
in class products and solutions. About the Role:
- Conduct architecture review, design and solutions for multiple
engineering teams and oversee code reviews.
- Collaborate with product managers, key stakeholders, and
business groups to categorize and describe solutions for business
and technical requirements.
- Stay on track with latest technologies for the domain, and
apply the experience and knowledge on architecture and to improve
the product features.
- Develop and own architectural roadmap and ensure the product
aligns with the business, clients and stakeholders strategies and
- Explain the status & value of proposed design/solution to
- Analyze and articulate current technological solutions and
proposed valued alternatives wherever required.
- Translate business needs into software architectural
requirements that leverage our technologies in the most efficient
- Gather technical requirements and specifications from customers
and business stakeholders.
- Develop the technical specifications according to which
solutions are defined and delivered.
- Deliver solutions that meet the timeline, quality and costs for
the projects and deliverable elements. Solutions must meet the
preset goals for quality, security and performance.
- Direct and oversee the activities of development teams.
- Define the technical vision for products ranging from endpoint
to cloud services complying with all applicable product development
processes. About You:
- You have 15+Years of technical experience with 5+Years of
experience as a Principal/Sr. Architect in product
- You have extensive professional experience working as a
software architect designing and architecting software solutions
for large enterprises.
- You have experience designing Endpoint products for Enterprise
with a focus on security, quality & performance.
- Hands on experience developing mid to large scale software
commercial products using C/C++, Java and JS frameworks.
- You are hands on with multiple programming and scripting
languages including C++, Java, Python, React, Angular, PHP,
- Excellent knowledge of Windows, with solid understanding of the
OS architecture, Security, and Networking
- Experience in designing applications that will be migrated to
cloud and understanding of the concept of elasticity and
- Any patents are a plus.
- Proven, excellent technical skills and knowledge of leading
edge technologies, skills in communication, business acumen,
coaching, and mentoring.Company Benefits and Perks: We work hard to
embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to
bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety
of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly
benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement We're serious about our
commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy,
gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other
legally protected status. Job Type:Experienced HirePrimary
Location:US, California, San Jose
Additional Locations:Canada, Waterloo Posted 24 Days Ago Full time
JR0021980 About Us McAfee recognizes and supports its obligation to
reasonably accommodate applicants and employees with disabilities.
We are here to help. Please let us know if you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application, interviewing,
hiring, or at any other time during the employment process. Please
do not include personal medical information in the email. Diversity
is foundational for our business success. We want to be a workplace
of choice for all people and we value the unique perspectives
offered by a diverse workforce. McAfee does not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, age, ancestry,
medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy,
or any other legally protected status. This principle applies to
all areas of employment: recruitment and hiring, training,
performance evaluations, promotions and transfers, compensation and
benefits, and social and recreational programs. McAfee desires to
be an employer of choice with an inclusive environment for all
individuals. As part of this goal and in compliance with various
laws and regulations, McAfee provides reasonable accommodation to
applicants and employees. Requests for reasonable accommodation for
applicants and employees are evaluated on a case-by-case
Keywords: Mcafee, Columbia , Senior Software Architect, IT / Software / Systems , California, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!