Customer Services Representative
Company: Shelter Insurance
Posted on: November 7, 2018
A company built to serve you. It's your career, Shelter it!
Career. Family. Security. If these words fit into your job search, then look no more. Shelter Insurance is a leader in the insurance industry and we are looking for you! We believe in careers at Shelter! With competitive salaries, great benefits, and growth potential, this is the opportunity for you!
We are currently seeking ambitious, confident, self-assured, customer service representatives at our Columbia call center for our upcoming training beginning December 10, 2018. This is a critical position, being the first point of contact for our customers.
Your typical day will look like this:
Handling incoming calls from policyholders, claimants, and other consumer contacts
Reporting of policyholder claims, processing premium payments, providing insurance
quote and processing policy changes, assisting with customer website support, and
answering general inquiries
Identifying opportunities to improve the customer service experience, processes, and
communication as needed
Our ideal candidate will have:
Ability to acquire and maintain Property and Casualty (P&C) Producer's license in Shelter's
Excellent listening, communication, and organizational skills as well as strong computer
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while demonstrating problem-solving
Ability to take the lead and guide our customers to a resolution
Ability to keep an eye on details while using good judgement
Flexibility to handle frequent changes and updates to business processes
Demonstrated timely, consistent job attendance history
Desire to continually grow professionally
Flexible availability that will include some nights, weekends, and holidays
Due to duties and responsibilities of this position, a criminal background check may be
run on final candidates
Starting salary: $15.60/hour
If interested, please apply by:
- Obtains and maintains property and casualty producer's license. Gains sufficient information from customers to provide quotes and transact new business and policy changes.
- Processes premium payments. Creates ID cards, declaration sheets, etc., at customer request. Negotiates glass pricing with vendors and sets up claims accordingly, confirming negotiated price. Assists with training as requested.
- Provides support for access to customer policy information on Shelter's public website. Assists with password reset and navigational issues, answers coverage questions and assists with sales as needed. Processes Customer Access incidents and monitors Customer Access email account as needed.
- Receives loss reports by telephone, web, fax, or mail. Obtains information and determines how loss should be recorded. Sets up claim record and enters required information in Claims system while counseling customers on phone. Confirms policy coverage and sets reserves when necessary. Distributes loss reports to appropriate branch. Makes determination when to escalate (emergency call) to branch for support in claims process.
- Maintains an extensive knowledge base of company related activities in order to answer or facilitate responses to a wide variety of questions from customers and others. Answers those within the scope of experience and authority and escalates others to appropriate personnel for expedient handling.
- Must be able to maintain telephone station, operate personal computer and keyboard with speed and accuracy, and operate fax machine, photocopy machine, and various printers.
- Performs other related duties as requested by Customer Services Supervisor or Team Leader.
- Superior oral communication skills, particularly the ability to listen, understand and explain insurance information to policyholders and others.
- Good interpersonal skills for responding to inquiries and complaints from irrational or distraught individuals.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an agent's P&C producer's license.
- Proficient keyboarding skills.
- Ability to accept supervision, follow instructions and work in a harmonious manner with co-workers and supervisors while receiving frequent calls.
- Ability to work with little supervision and act independently.
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to make routine decisions and recognize situations requiring agent or management involvement.
- This is the skill set for an individual at mid point of position. Based upon banding of grades, the skills needed may vary.
- General education emphasizing courses in keyboarding, math and English as acquired through a college or vocational level course of study, or equivalent job-related experience; on-the-job training to become familiar with insurance terminology and company and department organization.
- Current knowledge of policy coverages, basic underwriting procedures, claims procedures and consumer complaint procedures including basic claims and underwriting training in insurance policies.
- Basic knowledge of PC and Word/Excel.
- Works under general supervision.
- Accountable for obtaining and maintaining a producer's license for quoting and selling Shelter Insurance(r) products within established authority.
- Responsible for answering incoming calls and using judgment to effectively and tactfully address questions and complaints or refer to others.
- Exercises judgment as to how claims should be entered into system.
- Responsible for identifying extraordinary calls and requests and determining appropriate handling. Responsible for promptly forwarding loss reports to appropriate claims branch.
- Responsible for thorough documentation of complaints to comply with regulations.
- Accountable for maintaining current knowledge of policy coverages, claims procedures, and underwriting information provided on the computer.
- Must be proficient with systems utilized within Customer Services.
- Accountable for providing tactful, confidential service and resolving complaints within limits of experience and authority.
- Ability to keep a steady work schedule (including some holidays) with regular predictable attendance to ensure steady work flow and minimal disruption to unique department schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Columbia, MO - Home Office
Keywords: Shelter Insurance, Columbia , Customer Services Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!