Team Leader, Stability
Company: Eurofins USA
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Company Description Eurofins Scientific is an international life
sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing
services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and
our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the
food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on,
Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure
the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic
and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader
in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products
testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the
global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory
services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO,
advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR --- 4.56 billion,
and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the
past 20 years. Eurofins BioPharma Product Testing-Columbia has
delivered expert scientific support to companies working to improve
human and animal health. As a member of the Eurofins BPT Columbia
team, you will work alongside respected technical experts dedicated
to scientific excellence in a process driven regulatory compliant
environment. Job Description The Team Leader has an overall
responsibility for providing technical leadership and
laboratory/project organization for assigned staff. Performs a dual
role by working "hands-on" in the laboratory and responsible for
more complex experimentation and training, while functioning as a
supervisor in the laboratory. Responsibilities include:
- Performs the essential job functions of primary position (e.g.
Chemist, Staff Scientist, etc.).
- Responsible for management of the day-to-day laboratory
activities. Identifies and recommends training needs and mentors
staff members. Provides technical laboratory oversight and serves
as technical resource for the division and clients. Leads analyses
in the laboratory, based on expertise.
- Provides staff supervisory functions in areas of hiring,
titling, discipline and retention. Monitors and takes appropriate
action on employee performance (rewards or corrective action).
Works with employees to ensure greatest success and
- Manages resources (facilities, equipment, and staff) necessary
to complete projects and studies according to Eurofins and client
needs. Works with other leaders and directors to ensure timely
execution and completion of projects and studies.
- Guides multiple projects and studies through workflow, taking
into consideration varying deadlines. Ensures and takes ownership
of all quality issues and goals.
- Provides or arranges appropriate training for staff including,
but not limited to, orientation of new or transferring staff, staff
being reassigned to new areas of responsibility, etc. Ensures
training is sufficient to provide for high quality, efficient, and
timely completion of projects and studies.
- Develops implements, evaluates, and modifies services to meet
client and staff development needs. Seeks out solutions and
resources to meet identified needs. Exercises independent judgment
to implement plans for operations. Develops or optimizes processes
and procedures to lead to more efficient workflow and higher
quality data in the laboratory.
- Directs and administers assigned functions to ensure high
quality, cost effective services, which meet or surpass all
regulatory standards. Maintains and guides implementation of
organizational policies and procedures in compliance with state,
federal, and other regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for the investigation of employee and client
concerns. Identifies root cause and develops corrective action
plan. Prepares necessary and/or required reports according to
standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Serves as leader and mentor to assigned staff. Communicates
readily and clearly, maintains an open-door policy and works to
enhance employee morale.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with clients and Eurofins
staff and leadership.
- Evaluates actual project time and material estimates to ensure
projects are completed according to client and Eurofins guidelines,
including financial, and when necessary, takes appropriate
- Provides assistance to marketing, sales, and business
development relating to area of responsibility.
- Works collaboratively with program management, business
development, director and senior management to respond to requests
- Represents group and Eurofins at selected conferences, meetings
- May lead complex analyses in the laboratory.
- Ensures laboratory area meets regulatory, resource and safety
- Performs other related duties as required and directed. The
ideal candidate would possess:
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and
major projects or initiatives.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical
standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and a collaborative
work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Persuasive with details and facts.
- Delegates responsibility effectively.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- Same as basic requirements of scientific positions.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without
restriction or sponsorship. Additional Information Position is
full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., with overtime as
needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of
Columbia, MO are encouraged to apply. As a Eurofins employee, you
will become part of a company that has received national
recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time
benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and
disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and
PTO, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins,
please explore our website . Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and
Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We are looking forward to receiving your application
including your expected salary and possible start date via our
Keywords: Eurofins USA, Columbia , Team Leader, Stability, Hospitality & Tourism , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!