Physical Therapist - PT - PRN
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Employer is currently seeking a PRN Physical Therapist (PT) to add to our growing Rehabilitation Team to serve our clients at Lenoir--Woods and St. Josephs Bluffs, Continuing Care Retirement Communities, in Columbia, MO and Jefferson City, MO. As one of the few 100% employee-owned companies in healthcare, our business practices are guided strictly by the values to which our employee owners are committed to.-- For more than 20 years, Employer has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to--deliver patient centered care to the geriatric population in--senior-living and post-acute--settings.
- Review and evaluate physician's referral and patient's medical record to determine Physical Therapy program required.
- Evaluate each patient's current level of functioning using approved evaluation techniques, tests and observations, and prepare written treatment programs based on evaluations.
- Administer a prescribed Physical Therapy program to restore and maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range of therapeutic modalities.
- Coordinate physical therapy services with Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology and the Nursing department.
- Maintain appropriate documentation in the patient chart, and re-evaluate patient progress and revise treatment programs when necessary.
- Communicate Physical Therapy philosophy and treatment approaches and goals to patients, their families and other members of the rehabilitation team.
- Supervise Employer Rehab Physical Therapy Assistants, monitor productivity and staffing needs within the community.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance client care.--
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion, you may be scheduled to work at any other Employer Rehab client community, provided the other community is within a reasonable traveling distance.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapy and a valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience preferred, not required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service.
Why work at Employer?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.
Keywords: Symbria, Columbia , Physical Therapist - PT - PRN, Healthcare , Columbia, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!