Company: Nucleus Healthcare
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Nucleus Healthcare is seeking a qualified Service Line Clinical
Supervisor PICU to join a prestigious academic health system in
Columbia, MO. -Take the next step in your career and thrive in an
environment where you are respected, challenged, and offered
endless opportunities to define your career path!Our partner
nurtures a workplace culture you can thrive in.
- Becker Healthcare's 150 Top Places to Work -
- "Just Culture" organizationSmall town charm. Big
opportunities.Columbia, MO, is an up-and-coming university town in
the heart of Missouri known for its
- prestigious public university
- healthcare system
- public schools
- division 1 sports
- affordable cost of living and housingWith a thriving cultural
and culinary scene, many outdoor activities, and easy access to St.
Louis and Kansas City, you can have the best of both worlds: the
charm of a small town with the convenience of modern amenities and
top-notch healthcare.Benefits that matter.
- Tuition assistance -from the local top-rated university
- Up to 75% for you and 50% for spouses and children
- Includes all locations and online
- Exceptional retirement program- 8% match on 401k!
- 100% paid leave for parents and caregivers for up to four weeks
- effective January 2024
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including mental
- Generous PTOJob DescriptionThe Service Line Clinical Supervisor
is responsible for supervising patient care, and operations for
their assigned specialty area. In partnership with the
co-management team, the Service Line Clinical Supervisor ensures
clinical staff members meet and sustain departmental goals,
performance expectations, Culture of YES core values, and outcomes
aligned with healthcare organization goals. The position is
responsible for facilitating professional relationships between
nursing, interdisciplinary teams, and physicians to provide
patient-centered care. Develop and implement quality improvement
projects that will advance clinical excellence.Leadership
Administrative Functions and Workplace Culture:
- The Service Line Clinical Supervisor is responsible for
creating a professional environment conducive to the delivery of
quality patient-centered care.
- The position serves as a role model, resource, and coach to
nursing staff, providing ongoing support for professional
development, adherence to patient and family-centered care, and
quality outcomes. Supports the Clinical Manager and co-management
team through activities including hiring, staff development,
evaluation of staff competencies, employee engagement, and coaching
of staff as needed.
- Systematically review and document staff's work in progress in
order to ascertain expectations and clinical competencies.
- Complete monthly rounding and quarterly GROW discussions with
- Facilitate and evaluate shift huddles and coordinate
patient/staff debriefs of safety events.
- Collaborate with Performance Improvement Professionals to
develop quality improvement initiatives and analyze reports to
improve patient care outcomes.
- Staffing: Plan and assign appropriate staffing and resources,
including current and future staffing plans. Accountable for
scheduling system, and ensures schedules are approved, balanced,
- Manage daily assignments with charge nurses and assists staff,
as needed. Schedule, assign, supervise, guide, and instruct staff
in providing high-quality services, including documentation and
participation in patient case conferences based on educational
preparation and clinical competence.
- Provide patient care as required using the appropriate process
of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of clinical
- Education and Technology Provide educational leadership and
staff development to unit staff in collaboration with service line
- Educates technical and patient care staff in the use of new
equipment, supplies, instruments, and protocols.
- Finance/Budgeting Assist Clinical Manager and service line
leaders in monitoring expenditures, maintaining operational costs,
and monitoring worked hours/key statistics.
- This includes the use of orientation or training dollars,
agency usage, overtime, and supply cost. Ensure equipment is
maintained, and appropriate levels of supplies are kept in
- The scope of responsibility for this position includes 24-hour
clinical accountability for assigned areas. May complete
unit/department-specific duties as outlined in department
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree within five (5) years,
with ongoing progress reports, as a condition of continued
employment in this job classification.
- Existing clinical supervisors with an associate's in nursing
are "grandfathered" in the role.
- One (1) year of RN experience in a hospital setting, or a
combination of hospital and ambulatory history if applying for an
- Missouri Board of Nursing RN or Nurse Licensure Compact
- When the primary state of residency changes, compact state RNs
must apply under new state of residency within thirty (30)
- Specific specialty experience may be required for certain
- Additional license/certification requirements as determined by
the hiring department.Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met with or
without reasonable accommodation. The performance of these physical
demands is an essential function of the job. This position is very
active and requires ambulating, reaching, and moving objects
weighing up to and over 20 lbs. This role also routinely comes into
contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses. This
position is in a health care facility open 24 hours a day, 365 days
a year. Rotating shifts and holidays and working during inclement
weather will be required.Nucleus HealthcareWho We Are
-Purpose-built, patient-minded, and mission-driven, Nucleus is
trusted by major hospitals, health systems, and life sciences
organizations with a vision to redefine how healthcare does
business. - -What We Do -Nucleus Healthcare ("Nucleus") delivers
next-generation human capital management to empower people who
power healthcare. Rooted in talent management, Nucleus provides
services and solutions that have yielded more than 7,500 hires in
healthcare for all levels and roles. -Our Mission - -Empower the
people who power healthcare. -Our Vision - -Redefining the way
healthcare does business. -Our Values -We deliver results --- We
are committed --- We are precise --- We are change agents --- We
are ONE team --- We are fueled by passion and purpose
Keywords: Nucleus Healthcare, Columbia , Clinical Lead, Healthcare , Thompson, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...