Laboratory Quality Specialist
Company: Nucleus Healthcare
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Nucleus Healthcare is seeking a qualified Laboratory Quality
Specialist -candidate to join a prestigious academic health system
in Columbia, MO. -Take the next step in your career and thrive in
an environment where you are respected, challenged, and offered
endless opportunities to define your career path!Our partner
nurtures a workplace culture you can thrive in.
- Becker Healthcare's 150 Top Places to Work -
- "Just Culture" organizationSmall town charm. Big
opportunities.Columbia, MO, is an up-and-coming university town in
the heart of Missouri known for its
- prestigious public university
- healthcare system
- public schools
- division 1 sports
- affordable cost of living and housingWith a thriving cultural
and culinary scene, many outdoor activities, and easy access to St.
Louis and Kansas City, you can have the best of both worlds: the
charm of a small town with the convenience of modern amenities and
top-notch healthcare.Benefits that matter.
- Paid-for tuition from the local top-rated university
- Up to 75% for you and 50% for spouses and children
- Includes all locations and online
- Generous retirement program- 8% match on 401k!
- 100% paid leave for parents and caregivers for up to four weeks
- effective January 2024
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, including mental
- Defined career paths and laboratory -Paid Time Off (Exempt)---
- 0-5 years: 17 Days--- -
- 5+ Years: 22 Days--- ---- -Personal Days--- -
- 4 Days--- ---- -Sick Days--- -
- 12 Days---Pay
- Up to -$111,426/ year based on experienceJob DescriptionThe
Laboratory Quality Specialist provides facilitation for process
improvement initiatives and oversees all quality processes within
the Cellular Processing Laboratory for the Blood and Marrow
Transplant & Cellular Therapy Program (BMTCTP). Responsible for
maintaining the accreditation of all governing bodies.
- Lead development and auditing of quality systems that ensure
compliance, excellence, and efficiency.
- Monitor and update policies and procedures to be compliant with
- Review manuals annually.
- Review new and revised standards and checklists from CAP, CLIA,
DNV, FACT, etc.
- Prepare, participate, and respond to required accreditation
inspections and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor and perform supplier qualification, supplier monitoring
processes, environmental control, and monitoring systems.
- Responsible for the preparation of equipment and process
validation protocols, documentation of results, statistical
analysis, generation of reports, and ensuring appropriate
validation before implementation.
- Prepare departmental reports for presentation. Communicate
trends and opportunities for improvement to key process
- Perform process for documentation, investigation, and reporting
of adverse reactions or events during cell therapy product
collection or infusions.
- Review and report system or product deviations to appropriate
internal and external parties.
- Function as a backup for all Cellular Processing Laboratory
- Support the functions of the main MU Health Care laboratories
- May complete unit/department-specific duties and expectations
as outlined in department documents.Knowledge & SkillsStrong
knowledge of GMP and GTP standards. Strong communication,
interpersonal, organizational, and facilitation skills. -Strong
analytical skills and computer skills.Required
QualificationsBachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Clinical
Quality Management, or a related field. By February 28, 1992,
individuals qualified as medical technologists may substitute for
an associate's degree. Two (2) years of experience in apheresis,
cellular processing, or cell manufacturing.Preferred
QualificationsSupervisory or regulatory experience in a clinical
laboratory setting. Certification Medical Technologist (MT),
Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS or IMLS), categorical or
specialist (such as Chemistry, Cyto, Histo, Microbiology, Blood
Banking, Molecular Biology) by American Society of Clinical
Pathologists (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT), or
Certified Point of Care Professional (CPP) by American Association
for Clinical Chemistry (AACC), or Clinical Laboratory Technologist
by former Dept of Health Education & Welfare (HEW/HHS). Additional
license/certification requirements as determined by the hiring
department.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met with or without reasonable
accommodation. The performance of these physical demands is an
essential function of the job. The employee may be required to
ambulate, remain in a stationary position, and position themself to
reach and/or move objects above the shoulders and below the knees.
The employee may be required to move objects up to 10 lbs.Nucleus
HealthcareWho We Are -Purpose-built, patient-minded, and
mission-driven, Nucleus is trusted by major hospitals, health
systems, and life sciences organizations with a vision to redefine
how healthcare does business. - -What We Do -Nucleus Healthcare
("Nucleus") delivers next-generation human capital management to
empower people who power healthcare. Rooted in talent management,
Nucleus provides services and solutions that have yielded more than
7,500 hires in healthcare for all levels and roles. -Our Mission -
-Empower the people who power healthcare. -Our Vision - -Redefining
the way healthcare does business. -Our Values -We deliver results
--- We are committed --- We are precise --- We are change agents
--- We are ONE team --- We are fueled by passion and purpose
Keywords: Nucleus Healthcare, Columbia , Laboratory Quality Specialist, Healthcare , Fulton, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...