Phlebotomist / Lab Chemist
Company: Compass Health Network
Posted on: November 26, 2022
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for the collection, specimen
testing and documentation of bodily fluid samples for the purpose
of aiding in the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disease.
Maintain maintenance on laboratory equipment and ensure that the
lab meets and provides all regulatory requirements. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS - JOB SPECIFIC: General
- Collect, test, and documentation of samples, including urine
- Phlebotomy duties; collect blood samples via venipuncture,
finger stick, heel stick, butterfly needles, etc. as directed and
per CLIA and OSHA standards.
- Responsible for collecting lab test orders from staff and
transporting blood samples to the lab.
- Verify patient information and enter data in NextGen and
instruct patients in a clear manner.
- Must be familiar with safety protocols regarding the storage
and transportation of specimens as well as the proper disposal of
all equipment used in venipuncture.
- Acts as a member of the Health Care Team and effectively
- Responds to questions/inquiries from customers and follows up
to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- Adhere to standard precautions (use protective barriers, handle
and dispose infectious waste properly, hand washing, etc.).
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of unit facilities and
- Monitor laboratory supplies and order when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned. Specimen Testing
- Ascertains that specimens from various anatomic sites are
- Utilizes appropriate preparation, processing and evaluation
procedures for all specimens.
- Accurately evaluates specimens from different anatomic sites
for interpretation utilizing appropriate criteria.
- Maintains appropriate records for specimens, slides, and data -
conforming to all state and federal guidelines for laboratory
- Produce and report accurate lab test results in time frames
that contribute to effective patient care.
- Ensures result/report confidentiality; accesses patient
information only as required for lab use. Laboratory
- Performs and evaluates established quality control procedures
and take corrective action when indicated.
- Assures that laboratory equipment is functioning properly and
performs maintenance as indicated.
- Assures cleanliness of laboratory according to state and
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining adequate
- Keeps ALL logbooks and MSDS sheets up to date
EDUCATION: High School/GED required WORK EXPERIENCE:
- At least two (2) years' experience required
- Ability to draw blood on pediatric through geriatric
- Knowledge of medical terminology, procedures and equipment
- Certified Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy Certificate
- ASCP Certification preferred Compass Health Network is a
nonprofit health care organization offering accessible,
comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use
treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri.
Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of
Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC)
and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from
the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access
to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the
communities we serve. Our mission is "Inspire Hope. Promote
Wellness." Why join us? We believe some of the most passionate
people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are
our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment
and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits
that we offer as an organization:
- Competitive benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Professional development
- Licensure supervision
- Mentor opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace Access
- Paid time off & Paid Holidays
- NHSC Loan Repayment ParticipantWe welcome inquiries from
qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking,
dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to
our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look
forward to meeting you! Compass Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify
Keywords: Compass Health Network, Columbia , Phlebotomist / Lab Chemist, Healthcare , Wentzville, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!