Registered Nurse (RN) - Full Time - Home Health
Company: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Summary: A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to
patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This
is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care
under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical
Services/Nursing Supervisor. Responsibilities:
- Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates
the patient's nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and
summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely
manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting
nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and
changes in condition. Completes certification/ recertification
orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist,
Occupational Therapist and Licensed Clinical Social Worker those
patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to
- Participates in peer review and performance improvement as
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as
- Gives total patient care as needed.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments,
transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change
in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-9 codes. Working Environment: Works
indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from
patient homes. Job Relationships:
- Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Nursing
- Workers Supervised: Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Health Aide
Risk Exposure: High risk Requirements:
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and
currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the following tasks if
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a
regular basis. PI186819053
Keywords: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC, Columbia , Registered Nurse (RN) - Full Time - Home Health, Healthcare , Wentzville, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!