CNA / Restorative Specialist - PRN
Company: Aegis Therapies
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Aegis Therapies - is one of the nation's leading providers of
rehabilitation and wellness services. We offer short-term and
long-term therapy services in over 1,100 locations in 36
states.Aegis specializes in providing services that adapt to each
individual's needs, using leading-edge technology and innovation to
help restore strength and confidence after illness, injury or
surgery. More importantly we help individuals return to the
activities they love.When you join our team, you will always be a
step ahead of the latest technologies and industry standards while
building your professional skills and reaching your most ambitious
goals - whether in a home health setting, outpatient, occupational,
physical or speech therapy, medially oriented gyms or office
support.Location: Farmington Presbyterian Manor- Farmington,
MOShift: 6-8 Hours Saturday (Day Shift)CNA / Restorative
- Exclusive restorative responsibilities (Ambulation, transfer
training, bed mobility, active/passive range of motion,
dressing/grooming, splint/prosthesis care) with limited or none of
the "less desirable" tasks that often accompany a CNA position
- No restorative experience necessary, full restorative training
provided onsite (CNA Certification Required)
- Reports to the Director of Rehabilitation / Therapy- works
closely with therapy department.
- Premium pay and benefitsGENERAL PURPOSEProvides knowledge and
expertise in delivering appropriate wellness, fitness and exercise
programs for patients and employees. Suggests additional programs
and provides information related to exercise/wellness activities.
Assist in the restorative care of patients as directed.ESSENTIAL
- Directly deliver wellness/exercise programs and services for
patient and employee health
- Direct or assist patients in transfer techniques to walk or use
walkers, and with range of motion. Coordinate self-help training;
coordinate or assist with other restorative functions; evaluate
progress and document daily.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living, including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, changing of bed lines, and
positioning in and out of bed, chair, etc.
- Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team
members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and
- Monitor client participation and performance and produces
records as requested
- Monitor existing equipment and supplies available for effective
operation of programs and makes suggestions for enhancements
- Participate as requested in quality review activities to assure
appropriate delivery of services, and standards of practice
requirements are met
- Complete required documentation relative to patient/employee
- Adhere to established procedures related to patient
- Interact with customer staff and team members in a positive
manner, work collaboratively to ensure patient/employee and
customer satisfaction relative to services renderedQUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Current certification as Certified Nursing Assistant in state
- Specialty certification as personal trainer, exercise
specialist, fitness instructor, health and fitness specialist or
similar area, preferred
- Background in exercise and activity training with senior
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendanceKNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Capable of working without direct supervision.
- Good customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient,
employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively
and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees
at all levelsPHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending,
walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear,
ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to
remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with
patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up
to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling,
twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and
activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally
- Several task and job duties involve a risk of exposure to
Bloodborne Pathogens and other potentially infectious materials
(OPIM).CODE OF CONDUCTMust adhere to the Company's Code of Conduct
and Business Ethics policy including documentation and reporting
Keywords: Aegis Therapies, Columbia , CNA / Restorative Specialist - PRN, Healthcare , Farmington, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!