Licensed Practical Nurse - IV Cert - Home Care / Hospice
Company: BJC HealthCare
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Information About this Position
- Company and Job OverviewBJC Home Care offers patients and their
families a complete range of home care services, including skilled
nursing services, adult and pediatric hospice and supportive care,
rehabilitation therapy, home infusion therapy, infusion treatment
rooms, home medical equipment and high-tech respiratory care.
Specialty home care programs also are available, including adult
and pediatric asthma, cardiac, diabetes, orthopedic and wound care
programs.BJC Home Care provides care to thousands of patients in
both Missouri and Illinois. Serving more than 25 counties, it has
become the largest home care network in the region and one of the
largest in the country. Role Purpose Provides direct patient care
activities including IV management, utilizing the nursing process,
under the supervision of the RN. Responsibilities
- Implements treatments and procedures within the scope of
practice for the Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, provides patient
teaching and discharge planning. Participates in professional
development and life long learning.
- Performs patient assessment and evaluation with regard to the
patients age and developmental needs.
- Assists in developing and updating the plan of care with regard
to the patients age and developmental needs.
- Implements plan of care with regard to the patients age and
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), IV Certified
- Valid Driver's License Preferred QualificationsPreferred
- Benefits StatementNote: not all benefits apply to all openings-
Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan
options- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan- 401(k) plan- Tuition
Assistance- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts-
On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)- Paid Time Off
Program for vacation, holiday and sick time*Pension does not apply
to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or
Parkland Health CenterLegal StatementThe above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, Columbia , Licensed Practical Nurse - IV Cert - Home Care / Hospice, Healthcare , Sullivan, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!