Medical Assistant-Sullivan Clinic, PRN
Company: BJC HealthCare
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Information About this Position
- Sullivan Clinic
Company and Job Overview
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital is a designated critical access
hospital committed to providing quality health care service to
residents in Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties.
The hospital has enhanced and expanded the health care services
available to the greater Sullivan community with its
state-of-the-art emergency department, modern childbirth center,
critical care unit, multiroom surgical suite, expanded cardiac
rehab services, and a cancer center. A 22,500 square-foot medical
office building provides offices for primary care physicians as
well as space for a variety of visiting medical and surgical
specialists from the St. Louis area.
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital operates four rural health
clinics providing quality health care to surrounding communities.
In addition, the hospital operates a comprehensive Therapy and
Rehabilitation department and an award-winning Wound Care Center
with two hyperbaric chambers.
Role PurposeThe Medical Assistant (MA) provides medical assistance
under the direction of a physician or other licensed provider. This
position performs select duties for the promotion of health in the
care of patients and delivers care according to practice protocols
- Cleans and prepares exam room for patients.
- Obtains vital signs, patient history and maintains accurate and
prompt charting in the patient's record.
- Performs clinical skills, such as phlebotomy,
electrocardiography (EKGs), point-of-care testing and
- Triage calls, provide test and lab results to patients and
present relevant information to provider with correct medical
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned.Minimum
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cerftified or Registed Medical Assisant
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certificationBenefits
StatementNote: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health CenterLegal Statement
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, Columbia , Medical Assistant-Sullivan Clinic, PRN, Healthcare , Sullivan, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!