Med/Surg Certified Nurse Assistant
Company: Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Additional Job Information
- 24 Hours per Week -
- Nights - 12 hour shifts in clinical areas, may start at 5, 6,
or 7 pm -
- Weekend Rotation as Required by Department -
- Sign-On Bonus Eligible -
- Benefits Eligible -
Employment Status: Part-Time
Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital (MBSH) is an acute-care facility
located off Highway 44 in Sullivan, Missouri, serving the residents
of Crawford, Franklin and Washington counties. MBSH just recently
completed an 8-year journey from a very small facility to a very,
very modern facility that can treat and take care of patients with
special problems. The Wound Care Center, which is the newest
specialized center of its kind within a 60-mile radius, is a
perfect example of that. MBSH also operates a visiting specialty
clinic program in its Medical Office Building. Visiting physicians
with expertise in a variety of medical specialties come to the
Hospital from Missouri Baptist Medical Center in St. Louis,
Missouri. This gives patients the opportunity to see and receive
treatment from highly skilled specialists without leaving the
Sullivan area. The Hospital is an integral part of the rural
communities we serve-our patients are also our friends and
neighbors-so we have a special sense of commitment to provide
excellent care to every patient.
The Medical/Surgical Department is a 34-bed general medical,
surgical and telemetry unit that provides comprehensive
biopsychosocial nursing to patients requiring general medical, pre-
and post-operative care, urology, cardiac and pediatric care.
Department nurses provide exceptional care to infants, children,
adolescents, adults and seniors.
The Certified Nurse Assistant is responsible for providing direct
patient/resident care and assistance in accordance with all
applicable policies, procedures, regulations and nursing standards
- Obtains vital signs and other measurements as directed and
documents findings promptly.
- Meets patient hygiene, comfort, nutrition, and hydration needs
and documents as required.
- Implements care under the supervision of the nurse.
- Recognizes and reports abnormal findings or changes in patient
status to the nurse throughout entire shift.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No Experience
- No Experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
- Licenses & Certifications
- Basic Cardiovascular Life Sup
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital, Columbia , Med/Surg Certified Nurse Assistant, Healthcare , Sullivan, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!